cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Please participate and sign this petition if you have had a bad Exclaim experience!
This is not a SPRINT bashing thread.  I have been a customer for a decade an although I doubt SPRINT values my loyalty (thanks for the $4.00 fee because I won't give you direct access to my bank account) I really have no problem with them OTHER than the fact that they are selling phones that are essentially lemons as incentives for upgrades and contract extensions.
I got my first Exclaim in August 2009.  That phone passed quietly into the night in about three weeks time after giving me the often fabled but seldom seen, "Black Screen of Death."  My second Exclaim functioned perfectly for a while but then after several months started dropping texts, losing texts and not receiving texts.  At that time I could not find much online support for my experience, but now it is OBVIOUS that this phone is a problem and needs to be fixed. 
Many of you have posted about having the same issues, constantly deleting memory, being unable to download upgrades, being told that the memory is full when in fact there is plenty available, tech support being unable to help.  Everything that I have read here is exactly what I have experienced.  I also refuse to reformat and risk losing all my contacts and pics, etc...In the world of the I-Phone this *explicative* is simply UNACCEPTABLE.  It's hard to defend continued patronage at this point and I think both SPRINT and SAMSUNG should really be embarrassed for essentially providing us with the TOYOTA of cell phones in this highly competitive and innovated cellular market.
That being said, I would like to confront SPRINT with the number of people who are dissatisfied with their Exclaim experience.  If you have purchased this phone and have had to have it replaced or have simply had a sub par experience with it as an owner (MODERATOR NOTE: REQUESTING PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROHIBITED ON THE COMMUNITY) 
the number of years you have been a customer, whether or not you paid full price or if the phone was an upgrade, how many years are left on your contract, and a brief description of your Exclaim experience.  Sprint and Samsung need to step up and do the responsible thing by either offering a permanent and suitable fix, providing another phone, or crediting an additional upgrade to our accounts (within our contracted period).  As consumers it is time that we push for a RECALL of the SAMSUNG EXCLAIM.  

Message was edited by: izzyks

130 REPLIES 130
Highlighted

So yesterday I started having the same issues again with this crappy phone. I call Sprint up and they tell me that I need to UPGRADE MY PHONE NOW! I tell them no, your going to fix this issue with this phone and once I have enough money to pay for a new phone I will upgrade. They refused to reset my phone, when they gave me a troubleshooting code for it, it made the issue worst. I had to wait till this morning to get someone to fix my phone for me. They did and they were extremely helpful, she also recommend some phones that I should upgrade to. Also, first time today that I wasn't passed around from department to department. I was taken care of once the phone was answered. Yet, I still can not stand this phone and will not be recomending this phone to anyone at all (even though Sprint no longer sells it) I'm hopping that Samsung hasn't tried selling it to smaller cell phone company. The way that Sprint has handled this phone is retarded, I am disapointed in how I and reading other people all with the same issues have been treated. SHAME ON YOU SPRINT for forcing people to stick with this phone. You will not be getting this phone back when I get my new one. I don't want this phone given to another person who is a sprint customer with this phone. Give us Exclaim users a major discount on our upgrades because of this phone.

Message was edited by: wengla02 - removed unreadable formatting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i understand how you all feel , ive changed ma phone 5 times & they jz decided it was appropriate to upgrade me for FREE to the palm pixi because i was raising hell & threatened to close my daughter and i's account with them .

Highlighted
Journeyman

Had the Exclaim since July 2009 and have had problems with it ever since. I am on my third or fourth one within a year! I have the same problems as everyone else... the "invisible texts", error messages, not enough memory, software won't download and that white screen that pops up, and it shutting off by itself on a FULL battery. I call Sprint and they give me the run around about upgrading. Ofcourse they want me to wait and then npay for an upgrade. FOH! On the last swap out the phone was acting up and before i got a chance to speak to Sprint about I cracked my screen accidently. They made me file a claim through my insurance company and PAY to get another one. If it was any other phone i'd understand, but this exclaim is a lemon.Sprint isn't even sympathetic about how a phone can affect someone's life. Not having a reliable phone is not safe and an extreme inconvience in this age of the i-phone's and evo's..sick of it.... SMH I once lost priceless photos of my children that were saved to my phone and i couldn't get them off because from the phone they would't load to my facebook or my photobucket accounts.SMH Sprint really needs to get it together on this one.....signed an angry customer -_-

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't remember when I picked up this phone, but it was sometime last year.  I have had a lot of the problems you're talking about.  The first problem I had was the battery was being drained too quickly...bad enough that I took it in to a sprint store.  I thought it was just a bad battery but aftery they ran tests they said they needed to ship me a new phone.  Well, the new phone worked good for a couple weeks and then the battery problem came back.  This time they kindly gave me a new battery.  I used the phone a couple months with no software issues, and then the slider that displays the number pad broke.  I took it in and they kindly fixed it.  Then after that I was having the memory issues where I wasn't receiving my text messages.  The first time I take it to sprint they act like they didn't know what I was talking about and I would have to repeat the error.  So I lived with the error messages for a few months it seemed like.  I found the best way to get around that was to empty your internet cache and messages a lot.  Then it wouldn't happen so often, but really a lame fix when the phone should have deleted my old messages first when it was full, but I guess the phone thought it was full when it really wasn't lol.  Then one nice day I get a heads up there is a software fix for it.  Well, I tried to do it by doing a firmware update on the phone.  It would error on me everytime.  I finally take it to a store and they said they did and gave me the phone back.  Well, it turns out they didn't update anything.  It took me a few days to go back and check the software version and it was the same old thing.  I was pissed!  My nearest sprint that does the software updates isn't really close.  So I ended up taking it to a authorzied sprint repair place kinda like 3rd party repair.  They were more familiar than any sprint repair store I been at.  They knew all the issues the phone was having and the best ways to work around it before the firmware update was available.  I was doing every thing right.  He kindly updated the phone for me and there was a kid that came in the shop too having the same issues.  I told him to just have the phone updated and the memory issues should go way.  I hope the 3rd party repair bills sprint to do software updates too because they actually did a good job and made sure it updated this time.  They deserve compensation for their great service.  So I no longer have the memory issues, but my slider broke again couple more times after that.  I do get some error messages receiving pics now and then.  Sometimes I don't ever receive the pics so people have to resend them or I just go online at pictures.sprintpcs.com and see them there.  I actually saw a lot of pics I never received lol.  I also get the issue when I'm talking on the phone or on the phone internet while charging it tells me it's unable to charge because of some heat issue, but I'm not gonna trip too much about that because I hardly do it.  Just charge my phone at night.  People on this thread say the internet is pretty quick.  I don't believe mine is quick at all.  maybe on small wap pages, but even when I want to hit the back button it's slow to go back to a previous page.  My current issue with the phone is now the mini usb charging port on the phone is going out.  I have to wrap the cord around the phone to get it to charge and it's getting worse.  Now I don't know what to do.  Any suggestions?  Oh, and I'm sure I'll remember more issues I've had with this phone later.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Samsung Exclaim is the worst phone I have ever owned. I have been on the phone with Sprint reps today and no one seems to want to make things right for those of us who have bought this faulty phone. I have had my phone since July and it is a piece of junk. I have looked in to recycling it and all they want to give you is $13.00 for it, which tells me that Sprint knows its a faulty device. I am so upset with Sprint, not sure if I will keep my service with them once my contract expires, I have also considered buying it out just to get away from them.

Message was edited by: CAROLJETER

Highlighted
Journeyman

i kow wat you mean i have the same problem,and my brother too we're tired of this.text take to long or not all.i some times dont even get call and

always roamin

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just purchased a Samsung Exclaim back in Jan. 2010 I believe, and just about a month ago it started messing up, like when I was on a phone call and I had a call coming in when I hit ignore I would not only lose the person I was speaking to I would get a vibration and ring tone in my ear. This went on for at least a month. Sprint gave me a hard time trying to get them to send me a campatible phone, why would I want a refurbished 1 just like this 1? So, they finally sent me another SAMSUNG EXCLAIM and I have only had it about 2 weeks, and the speaker is messed up on it. I called customer service yesterday, and well they want  to send me another refurbished 1 just like this piece of junk. I am not a happy customer. This is not very good customer service to us long time Sprint customers.

We have been customers for at least 8 years, and their customer service has got worse. Even the supervisors do not want  to take care of you, and also this phone is still under warrenty. I am not a HAPPY SPRINT CUSTOMER!!!!!

Journeyman

I hate the excliam I bought it in Jan 2010 and After about 3 months I started having dropped calls, not recieving text so I switched back to my old phone and just a month ago I lost that phone so I switched back and what do you know a month later it just quits on me.. No warning it just turned off and never came back on and I called sprint and they want me to pay the 50.00 insurance cost. If there are this many people saying there is a problem with this phone they need to really recall it. I have less then two months on my contract with sprint I guess I will be looking for a new provider after 12 years with sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a member for about 9yrs. I have had my exclaim fo 11months, i have not had any problems with uploads and pictures, and im sure thats because i dont use those features much, but on the other hand my phone wont charge , it just makes a beeping noise all the time. I talked to another exclaim user and they were having the same problem. They also told me that after a while it wont charge at all. Yep she was right, Sprint is replacing it with no problem, but i think if they know this is happening y not recall the phones and give u a options on a replacement. i have to wait a week for a new phone so im without a phone, they dont even give u a loaner and this is my only phone in the house, but they still want there MONEY.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree that this phone has several issues. It shuts off and restarts all the time and has since it was brand new. I am missing texts and phone calls all the time and many times my pictures will not save when I take them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Bottom line, we all are screwed...Sprint won' FIX this, they won't replace them, they won't GIVE US NEW PHONES, bottom line...we all need to let out contract end and move to a diffrent company....THE END!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I was having problems charging the phone.  It would just beep at me when it was plugged in like the usb port inside the phone was going out.  In order for sprint repair to look at it they wanted to charge me $35.  Oh well, they gave me another Samsung Exclaim rather than fixing it.  Wow, I think I'm on my 4th Samsung Exclaim now.  LOL

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat