cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Please participate and sign this petition if you have had a bad Exclaim experience!
This is not a SPRINT bashing thread.  I have been a customer for a decade an although I doubt SPRINT values my loyalty (thanks for the $4.00 fee because I won't give you direct access to my bank account) I really have no problem with them OTHER than the fact that they are selling phones that are essentially lemons as incentives for upgrades and contract extensions.
I got my first Exclaim in August 2009.  That phone passed quietly into the night in about three weeks time after giving me the often fabled but seldom seen, "Black Screen of Death."  My second Exclaim functioned perfectly for a while but then after several months started dropping texts, losing texts and not receiving texts.  At that time I could not find much online support for my experience, but now it is OBVIOUS that this phone is a problem and needs to be fixed. 
Many of you have posted about having the same issues, constantly deleting memory, being unable to download upgrades, being told that the memory is full when in fact there is plenty available, tech support being unable to help.  Everything that I have read here is exactly what I have experienced.  I also refuse to reformat and risk losing all my contacts and pics, etc...In the world of the I-Phone this *explicative* is simply UNACCEPTABLE.  It's hard to defend continued patronage at this point and I think both SPRINT and SAMSUNG should really be embarrassed for essentially providing us with the TOYOTA of cell phones in this highly competitive and innovated cellular market.
That being said, I would like to confront SPRINT with the number of people who are dissatisfied with their Exclaim experience.  If you have purchased this phone and have had to have it replaced or have simply had a sub par experience with it as an owner (MODERATOR NOTE: REQUESTING PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROHIBITED ON THE COMMUNITY) 
the number of years you have been a customer, whether or not you paid full price or if the phone was an upgrade, how many years are left on your contract, and a brief description of your Exclaim experience.  Sprint and Samsung need to step up and do the responsible thing by either offering a permanent and suitable fix, providing another phone, or crediting an additional upgrade to our accounts (within our contracted period).  As consumers it is time that we push for a RECALL of the SAMSUNG EXCLAIM.  

Message was edited by: izzyks

130 REPLIES 130
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here! Thanks for this petition.

--pramod

Highlighted
Journeyman

I purchased this phone in November for my teenage daughter BEFORE I saw all of this!!  Shame on me.  Here's my story.  It has been overheating, loosing texts. not receiving calls and all the other problems you have all been having.  I brought it to the store where they told me it was a bad battery.  OK - I purchased a new battery.  Still not working, so I brought it to the Staten Island Sprint store.  The man took the phone and said he was going to bring it into the repair shop in the back and see what's wrong with it.  He then, came out and said that he reset it to the original factory settings and that would help.  Guess what?  Not only did it not work, my daughter did not have her 300 pictures backed up on a memory card and he deleted all of her pictures.  Not even an apology!!  All the manager kept saying was that she was sorry as my daughter stood there devistated!!  And preceeded to tell us that we can exchange the phone for another Exclaim only - uh....No Thanks!!  They have not heard the last from me!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is to CUEBALL368,

The person who worked on your phone should be reported to their manager, report them to the CS line. They are not allowed to hard reset your phone with out asking you first about everything such as do you have the back up service and such. Go back and raise heck, you tell them the papers are going to hear about it, the news and such for breaking their contract...Make sure if you have a receipt of when you went in and such and call the CS line and tell them what store you went to, what time is was and what exactly they said and how long they were away from you and what was done with out asking and such, you want a refund of some amount or hell will be raised or something...or tell them you are going to break your contract and go with a different company for that location doing fault repair with out being notified as to what was being done at the time. Do this as soon as possible because the longer you wait the less chance you will have with getting any type of reimbursement. good luck I plan on going with MetroPS when my contract is up which is late this summer. the plan i have with sprint now i can have with metro for like $20+ cheaper or closer to it. But being all honest, anyone here including myself, SPRINT has discontinued this phone 100%, you can't get new ones no matter how hard you try, you best is to call the 800 # say you got a defective phone and want one that is EXACTLY the cost of this one or cheaper and you want the difference credited to your account, toss them ideas but also remember they got hoops to go though, i realize this now after calling them over 50 times about this phone, in actuality, its SAMSUNG not SPRINT who put out this phone with the POOR quality and SPRINT gets snowballed cause they contracted with them to sell it but they gotta try to make sure they use up all the possible outcomes to solve the problem before they offer something 100% new to you, everyone here needs to call and say I am leaving because I have told you guys time and time again my problem, you want to give me the same poo as I got already which is pointless, either gimme a new phone or i break my contract and leave its easy as that plus i take with me everyone I know. Get mad, and don't take it no more, try to get them to see that you have had too many problems and too many replacements and been getting the short end of the stick. I just got off the phone and they told me I can get a free phone via the website (though i have no credit card at the moment) to replace this hunk o junk...I will think about this before I decide I got like 6 months until my contract is up...everyone else think it over and decide to either talk them into it or let them know they are losing ya....

Good luck and this is not hate speech nor me defending the unprofessional workers who we have to deal with @ the stores, this is just me letting you know they are deaf to a lot of this and have a poo ladder to climb before they can REALLY help us

*FACE PALM!*

Message was edited by: JAYMEMURRAY316

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank You for your reply!  After being on the phone for over an hour and a half last night with CS and managers and such, I have a brand new DIFFERENT phone on its way for my daughter for free.  I have also filed a complaint againt the service man that deleted everything on her last night.  Thank God his name was on the bottom of the receipt he gave me when he took the phone into the back.  Good luck to you!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I continue to get this white screen of death and it will not go away.  I've had this replacement for a month and this should not be happening.

Highlighted
Wizard

The main two resolvable things I've seen occurring on the Exclaims are having older software--some issues were addressed in the newer software updates (Options > Software Updates). The second is corrupt or full web browser cache; clear your cache and cookies regularly as a preventative measure (Settings > More > Browser).

Highlighted
Journeyman

i too have an exclaim...IT SUX..and noone at sprint can tell me how to fix it except that i hafta wait til im able to upgrade...the reception is poor...it drops calls constantly...the buttons are wearing out..it wont download software updates..ive had it with them...i have 13 months left on the contract...ill let it ride and not use the phone,and go to someone else and get a real phone

Highlighted
Wizard

I still have my blue Exclaim phone and there is still no issues with it.  All the buttons is pressable and in great condition.  Everything is still great about it.  I'm upgrading soon to an Epic only because of some features that I'd like to have to ease the use of some things.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My Exclaim mostly worked while I had it. This week, I found out something really nice about it: the chargers fit my new EVO Shift!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've had the peice of shit they call a phone for allmost a year, its been replace 9 times and sprint finally just gave in and and gave me the less bulky version the Reclaim. the Exclaim is a sorry excuse of a cellphone mine was constantly freezing and lines being shot across the screen not to mention how many times I would see I'd have a fully battery one minute then i'd recieve a phone call would last 5 minutes and it was blinking red dying!! Sprint needs to recall the phone and not reuse them anymore!

Highlighted
Journeyman

have had my exclaim for just over a year. the first one went bad 3 months after i bought it.  I brought it back because it would not charge, they gave me a new battery they plugged it in at the store and it charged. brought it home the next day it was dead again and would not charge. they gave me a new phone. it works most times but ihave to pull the battery to get it to shut off. but other times it shuts itself off. would not recommend this phone to anyone. Should of known better than to buy a samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am so upset with my phone!  I posted previously that it was a peice of junk!  Well one month before they will allow me to upgrade, its broke!  I refuse to pay 50 dollars to get another one of these, when I am planning on getting a smart phone with hotspot in a month!  SPRINT WILL NOT LET ME UPGRADE A MONTH EARLY AFTER BEING WITH THEM FOR 6 YEARS NOW!!!! THAT IS CRAP! They will let me but I have to pay full price for the new phone, when I have had NOTHING BUT TROUBLE WITH this phone for the past two years.. I am seriosly considerig going with METRO PCS as they are now nationwide and have some awesome phones.. anyone ever use them???

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat