cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

I got my exclaim in May of 2010, I believe. May or June. Either way, it's worked pretty well for me for the past year. I too would get the memory shortage message for the internet browser, but I did notice that only happened whenever I had low signal/for some reason the signal didn't want to cooperate with my phone. I only had delayed text messages every once in a while; it was a pretty rare occurance. But now, close to a year later I am having 3 of the problems: 1. My phone will absolutely not keep it's charge. 2. It asks me to re-login to facebook over and over and over again. 3. It starts to overheat randomly.

It's only 'overheated' twice so far, and not even bad enough that I've gotten a message about it as some other people have said in another forum but I turned it off before it got too hot. But yeah, I really hope that this phone will make it through the next year... If not, this will be the first phone I've ever had to replace. My Rumor's slider was slightly broken by the end of the 2 year contract due to texting abuse but overall I thought it was pretty sturdy, but that's the worst damage I've ever done to a phone (unlike my friends and my cousin who seem to go through phones like they're throw away items).

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

I have the blue one and it's absolutely terrible. Texts received hours late, no calls will go through, no service ANYHWERE and they told me my phone was okay. Fuck no it's not okay, this is really annoying. I've had nothing but constant problems with this phone and i'm done with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

I agree. I've had nothing but problems with this phone. I had to get it replaced a few months into it, back when I bought it in Feb 2010. I know Sprint has been having MAJOR tower problems, at least that's what they've been telling me, but it's been happening in more than just one place and it's been happening for several months now. I went in and had it looked at a month or so ago, they told me nothing was wrong. I went back in today, because it's still acting up, and they told me that something's wrong with the transmitter. To get it fixed would be money I'm not willing to pay to get the same crappy phone. They really should have recalled it back when everyone first started complaining about it. I say they either recall it, or at least put out some new updates for it, which they probably won't do since they stopped making it like nine months ago.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Amen, I'm experiencing the same problems as you were. Unfortunately my contract isn't up until next year in May. Sprint sucks.

Highlighted
Wizard

I have this phone for 15 months and I am now encountering a problem.  Some people are saying that the pix are not reaching them.  Someone sent me a couple of pix, and I get the pix alerts, but it won't download to my phone, something about network connection.  I have tried everything, no luck.  And I noticed that when uploading the pix, it double or triple the copies to my upload storage on here.  It is almost time to bid farewell to this machine as I must move on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

I am on my 2nd samsung exclaim replacement and what ya know i get "White screen of death" instead of a black screen, lights flicker like its christmas, funny that its only WSOD, on my first exclaim it was a combo of WSOD and rainbows lines, i have 3 batteries for my phone and none of them will get rid of the white screen, i was texting on it couple hours ago and i looked back at it and now its dead.

I am not going to rely on a exclaim for a 3rd replacement just no. This is not a phone to get anymore people.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Worst phone ever!!!!  Text come in hours later or never come in at all.  Just received a new one...I'm sure it will do the same thing as the old one.  Cannot wait to change carriers  when my contract is up next year!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

I've had my exclaim for almost 2 years and have had nothing but problems, I have tried the resetting it, returning it and getting a new one, nothing works. the people I talked to at the sprint store were rude when I talked about my isues. Once my contract is up then I'm done with sprint, my friends have had problems with some of there other phones as well. Anything from a black screen to draining bateries (no it's not the batteries, I've changed them to see), cant talk for longer than a half hour before phone is completely dead and I use my phone for work. I have no service almost everywhere I go. the screen messes up when I go to slide it to text it will stay in the calling position, everything on the screen which makes it hard to text. Too many problems and I got this phone because I thought it would be a great phone to have and easy to use because its a double slider so dont have to call and text on same keyboard.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Ya I have had my Exclaim for about 2 years and the reception sucks don't always receive calls and text messages are always hours late i can't wait till contract is up to look into another carrier...i'm sick of having bad reception and no help...cuz it seems like even if you have been a loyal customer for years and years you still don't have loyalty benefits....sick of crappy phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Agree - this is the worst piece of crap phone I have had the misfortune of using. It will not do updates, will state that the inbox is full when there are only 2 messages in there, texts will disappear entirely, I have experienced the Black Screen of Death more times than I can count (with the occasional episode of the "rainbow lines" someone mentioned...I know exactly what you're talking about...). And taking it to Sprint to have it dealt with? Don't bother - all they're capable of is standing there with a blank and empty-minded stare. Twice in a row I wasted time by bringing it to my local Sprint Store (here in Las Vegas - @ Lake Mead and Rainbow...a pathetic group of people) and without even looking at my piece of crap phone, let alone touching it, I was told that there was nothing to be done and would need to buy a new phone. Oh hell no...I took the thing home and fixed it myself.

Highlighted
Journeyman

yeah mine has already been replaced once due to charging port malfunction.  It is now doing the same thing again only this time it is shocking me.  They say I must physcially drive 35+ miles each way to a store to get it replaced on the insurance that I have been paying for years.  They can't order the phone and let me come in and pick it up.  I have to make 2 trips instead of one trip.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat