cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Highlighted
Journeyman

SAMSUNG EXCLAIM RECALL

Please participate and sign this petition if you have had a bad Exclaim experience!
This is not a SPRINT bashing thread.  I have been a customer for a decade an although I doubt SPRINT values my loyalty (thanks for the $4.00 fee because I won't give you direct access to my bank account) I really have no problem with them OTHER than the fact that they are selling phones that are essentially lemons as incentives for upgrades and contract extensions.
I got my first Exclaim in August 2009.  That phone passed quietly into the night in about three weeks time after giving me the often fabled but seldom seen, "Black Screen of Death."  My second Exclaim functioned perfectly for a while but then after several months started dropping texts, losing texts and not receiving texts.  At that time I could not find much online support for my experience, but now it is OBVIOUS that this phone is a problem and needs to be fixed. 
Many of you have posted about having the same issues, constantly deleting memory, being unable to download upgrades, being told that the memory is full when in fact there is plenty available, tech support being unable to help.  Everything that I have read here is exactly what I have experienced.  I also refuse to reformat and risk losing all my contacts and pics, etc...In the world of the I-Phone this *explicative* is simply UNACCEPTABLE.  It's hard to defend continued patronage at this point and I think both SPRINT and SAMSUNG should really be embarrassed for essentially providing us with the TOYOTA of cell phones in this highly competitive and innovated cellular market.
That being said, I would like to confront SPRINT with the number of people who are dissatisfied with their Exclaim experience.  If you have purchased this phone and have had to have it replaced or have simply had a sub par experience with it as an owner (MODERATOR NOTE: REQUESTING PERSONAL INFORMATION IS PROHIBITED ON THE COMMUNITY) 
the number of years you have been a customer, whether or not you paid full price or if the phone was an upgrade, how many years are left on your contract, and a brief description of your Exclaim experience.  Sprint and Samsung need to step up and do the responsible thing by either offering a permanent and suitable fix, providing another phone, or crediting an additional upgrade to our accounts (within our contracted period).  As consumers it is time that we push for a RECALL of the SAMSUNG EXCLAIM.  

Message was edited by: izzyks

130 REPLIES 130
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have bin getting no signal and dropped calls like crazy on my exclaim .I live in Baltimore and there r plenty of towers so what's going on. Anyone else having same problem.? This is no way to treat customers that have bin with them for 9 years.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought an Exclaim back in March and it worked fine until yesterday. Sure I had all the problems everyone listed but I wasnt worried about myspace or facebook or any of that. I rarely recieved calls, so on and so forth. I actually had to use my mom's phone number to create this account because my phone absolutley dropped signal. I cant text, email, call, not even my voicemail, ANYWHERE. Every time i turn it off then back on, i have to set the time again. I'm all for this recall, but would greatly appreciate any help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well IM ON my 3RD EXCLAIM I BEEN HAVING PROBLEMS SINCE THE DAY I GOT THE FIRST ONE . ALL OF A SUDDEN MY PHONE STARTS RINGING BUT FOR SOME REASON NO MATTER WHAT I PRESS IT WONT ANSWER AND STARTS SHOWING THATS  THE PHONE BEEN ANSWERD FOR 25 MNTS . JUST SHOWING ALL THE MINUTES FOR NO REASON. AND IT HAS CHARGING CONNECTION PROBLEMS. IM SICK OF IT.NOW I GOT TO ORDER ANOTHER ONE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My family has three Exclaim phones, we have had MULTIPLE issues as well ! I have been on the phone or online chat now for about 2 hours ! I am absolutely offended at their lack of responsibilty to loyal customers. They are willing to give me partial credit towards new phones...however for having phones that do not work ... the offer is an insult !  Shame on you Sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

I totally agree That Samsung should recall these Exclaim phones! I have 2 of them, and BOTH  have the same problem with the port being loose 3here you plug rhe chqrger in, and NEITHER  will chqrge! And I have lost all!! My numbers in there! Lucky my pics have been savd to the chip!  Sprint is claiming it is something I did to the phone. Not their problem! I am a truck driver, I need my phone! And then they say..."Take it to a Sprint store so they can check it out" AS IF!!! I can put a 53' semi truck in one of their rinky dink parking areas!! Ok, I have vented, don't feel any better qbout the phones, or Sprints so called wervice. But thanks. Anyone else having this kind of problem//

Highlighted
Journeyman

WELL, I THINK ITS A VERY BAD PHONE AS WELL I ALSO THINK IT SHOULD BE RECALL BECUZ  I JUS GOT A NEW ONE AND ITS DOING THE SAME THING DA LAST  ONE DID BUT AFTER MY TWO YEARS OVA IM DROPPIN SPRINT BECUZ THEY REALLY HAVE TO MUCH GOIN ON WIT THERE PHONES AND I DNT HAVE TIME FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message was edited by: louise9933

Highlighted
Journeyman

Major problems with the exclaim as well, one time I couldn't get it to stop ringing without taking the battery out.  It freezes up all the time and am sick of it.  I know companies need time to get glitches out of things but they also need to offer replacements until they do.  This will probably be the last phone I have from Sprint, planning on changing providers once contract it up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have had similar problems with my exclaim.. it is by far the worse phone i have had from sprint...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't say that I have had the major issues that a lot of you have had on here. I do have the occassional issue where none of the buttons seems to work and the screen is mostly black except the icons. Then if I press the speaker button, it seems to "wake" and everything is fine. I found that little trick by mistake one day when I was pressing every button trying to get some response. Now that I know I can press the speaker button when it happens, I just do that and everything is fine. I have had the phone for over a year and have used it for thousands of texts, emails and phone calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

MY SAMSUNG EXCLAIM IS one of the WORST phones I HAVE EVER HAD! I have had to get it replaced once, thank GOD I have the insurance otherwise SPRINT was going to charge me to REPLACE IT, it freezes up, screen goes BLACK, loses service, and just SHUTS off when it wants.. I HATE IT, I cannot upgrade my phone until May, I think SPRINT should let us upgrade early especially if we have been with them for YEARS like I have, they sold us a LEMON, now they need to HELP us out..

I have the most current software, and I keep that up-to-date.. the phone JUST SUCKS!

I like SAMSUNG, have not ever had a problem with any of my other SAMSUNG products, but this product should really be pulled off the market' it has a major flaw somewhere in it, and until that is fixed they SHOULD not be allowed to sell it, and if SPRINT cares about its customers, THEY SHOULD atleast stop selling the CRAP!

So I have 5 more months of this phone and trust me when I get my new phone I WILL have a party and RUN OVER MY SAMSUNG EXCLAIM its not even fit for my 5 year old to have as a PLAY PHONE, and I definitely would not donate to a shelter for abused women, IT Might freeze up on them while they are calling 911!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a Sprint Customer sence 1/10 My phone worked fine for a couple months and then it roams often and i am supposdly in the best coverage area so says sprint. My Phone often Freezes and gives me a black screen. I often dont get picture or text messages right away they will come in hours later. May be do to it roaming when i should be in sprint coverage. If i were to shut roaming off on my phone i would never have service. I have called sprint several times on this and Customer service is not very helpful at all idk what sprint expectations are but i must say i work in a call center for a Company that is actually partnered with sprint and Im a lil disgusted with them at this point.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well some of you are lucky..ive had my phone & my husbands since april 2010!! since then i have had to have each of our phones replaced 5times as of yesterday!!! i too am soooo glad that i have freakn insurance or i would be screwed..just an fyi...if they fix the phone for you more than 3 times in 3 months for the same reason then you can ask for a "comparable" model...just dont say anything till it hits those 3 times, because i have had the problem that everytime they are fixing it, that its always something different wrong..bunch bs to me..but whatever...i am waiting on my income tax refund and i am buying out this bs contract and going with att!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat