ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPH-L300 Galaxy Victory Call volume maxxed and wont turn down!!

Master

Re: SPH-L300 Galaxy Victory Call volume maxxed and wont turn down!!

Tripletdad-99

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. 

I am sorry to hear that you encounter so much difficulty with your Victory. However, I am happy to hear that you have since upgrades and thoroughly enjoying your new device. 

If there is anything further we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Zena
Social Care Team

Journeyman

My wife's phone has come up with the same issue.  Worked fine for a year, but now phone volume is maxxed and unchangeable.  Soft reset, hard reset, and noise reduction did not fix the problem.  Sprint store repair folks said that the hard reset would solve it ... but no.  What now?

Journeyman

Samsung Victory volume cannot be controlled.

I have 2 Samsung Victory Phones, both brand new and there is a problem with both of them where the volume cannot be controlled, it is just on maximum. The phone needs to be kept about a good foot away and it is similar to having the person on the other end on speaker - doesn't matter if I make the call or receive the call. I took one phone to Sprint and they looked at it and determined that I should send it to Samsung. The phone has been with Samsung approximately 6 times. Samsung is not aware of the issue from the many conversations. On the second phone, I called Samsung and let them know that the phone had the same problem as the first one. Samsung indicated that I should update the software, I did and the max volume issue is still there. The issue is that I bought 2 phones and neither can be used.

Journeyman

I'm going through the same thing. Sent it to Samsung twice. The second time they replaced 2 modules but still the same problem.  I did find out an interesting thing....If I try to make a phone call before activating it, the recorded message from sprint I get I can adjust the volume.  As soon as I activate it and before loading it up, it is now bad.  Samsung says that Sprint can download settings that can affect the volume but of course Sprint denies this.  I have never been so frustrated with the runaround I am getting.  I finally put a piece of scotch tape over the ear piece to allow me to hold it to my ear.  Arrgggg!!!!

Master

CSGC3758

Thank you for reaching out on Sprint Community. Apologies extended for the inconvenience. If you'd like you can PM us your account information (account number, and account pin or password) and we can look further into your concern with Samsung. We'd like to assist any way we can. Also does Samsung have the devices now? What was the outcome of the last time they checked your device? Let us know. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Erica

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Hi, Samsung has had the first (brand new) phone 6 times since October 2013 the phone, less than 1 month used, has been sent to Samsung, it comes back, the phone still has the same problem, and then the phone goes back. That phone is currently with Samsung. The second phone (brand new) was sent in today with the same issue. When someone calls or you make a call, the animation on the phone shows the volume in the speaker at the top of the phone going up or down. The volume control on the phone shows the volume is going up or down. But the volume is so loud it is somewhat distorted. How do I PM account information?

Master

CSGC3758,

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear about this ongoing issue.  I hope that Samsung is able to get the volume control fixed for you.  To PM us you can find the Private message tab to the right of the screen after clicking on the SprintCare avatar from a PC using Chrome or internet explorer.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

I'm assuming since there has been no updates to this thread that there has not been a resolution?

I just picked up this phone recently as a replacement to a broken handset, and I'm having the same issue. Turning off noise reduction helped a little to keep the volume lower, but its ridiculous that I can't adjust it with the up/down buttons.

I've noticed that it only happens on incoming calls, however. When I call out, it seems to behave as expected (I can turn up and down the volume). However when a call comes in, I can't turn it down.

I contacted Samsung's support team to ask if they had any suggestions to fix it, and was actually informed that this was not a known issue for them! They recommended some things we already knew, such as turning off noise reduction in call settings, doing a soft reset, etc. They actually suggested booting into recovery and clearing the cache (I haven't tried that yet, but don't have high expectations of it being a magic fix). I pointed to this thread so they could see there are many suffering from this glitch.

To everyone who is having this problem, are you just complaining to Sprint (who I'd like to point out only sells and supports these phones by proxy), or have you all also contacted Samsung (who really is the only one with the power to properly fix it)? I would love to see them note this as an actual documented problem that should get an update to fix it.

Master

rgild - Hello, have you tried resetting the phone? We definitely want to help as much as we can. Let us know.- manhill
Master

tripletdad-99

I just wanted to follow up with you to see if everything is still working out with your new device. Please let us know if you are in need of any assistance.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I sent the phone to Samsung a lot of times 6, 7, 8. They replaced the phone. It happens on each Victory phone. I have an Air Wave now and it seems to have corrected the issue...as long as I am near the Air Wave. After many attempts and blasted ears trying to listen to callers I went out and bought another phone - not a Victory. Hope that helps.

Master

c3758,

Thank you for the update and please do keep us posted if the issue persists.

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat