ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPH-L300 Galaxy Victory Call volume maxxed and wont turn down!!

Journeyman

Re: SPH-L300 Galaxy Victory Call volume maxxed and wont turn down!!

Hi- just wanted to report back that the problem has actually gotten worse.

It used to just happen occasionally, and usually on incoming calls only. But now it seems to consistently happen whether calls are going in OR out. I did reset the handset, and even contacted Samsung support, pointing to this thread as proof it isn't an isolated incident. Their advice was what we already know- try toggling off noise reduction in the phone menu, and if that doesn't work perform a factory reset. Neither option worked, however the noise reduction off at least makes the maximum volume less irritatingly loud (which is also strange- why does NR affect the volume of the caller's voice? Shouldn't it only effect the mic?). I still can not adjust the volume of the call.
I think there is a major software bug, as it is only the calling application this happens to (even on a freshly factory resetted phone) whereas other applications that use the internal speaker (Skype, google voice voicemail, etc) can adjust the volume just fine. In fact, one person here has already mentioned that not only does it happen on each phone they get it replaced with, but it even happened on the store display model!

I think we're reaching a point in which the options are either Samsung releases an update that fixes it, or trade in this phone for something that works. I'm really quite frustrated.

Master

rgild, I'm sorry to hear that the reset didn't work.  I see from our information that the issue is still being investigated and we're really hoping that Samsung pushes an update which corrects the problem.  So far, we haven't received any news about it but we'll publish it here in the Samsung community forums when we do.

*Christy

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

After reaching out to Samsung for support, it doesn't sound like any update or fix is planned (although I hope to be proven wrong!).

I have insurance on my line, but I'm afraid if I bring in the handset to a Sprint store, they will just replace it with more Victorys and I'll be facing the same problems again. Its too late for me to return this handset, what should I do?

Master

rgild,

This would definitely be an annoyance. I would still suggest visiting a service and repair center, in order to have our experts have a look at it. They may be able to fix or replace the device if you have insurance coverage.

Regards,
Duane
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did call Samsung and got basically the same response you did "not a known problem", which I interperet to mean "not affecting their bottom line enough to worry about". Since this is not a highly popular model, I didn't expect much attention to the problem.  They did agree it was a phone problem and wanted me to ship it to them for service, I was not willing to do without my phone for several weeks, so that was the end of that.

I did do a factory reset and it made no difference.  I also found that the problem does not exist when I am using my bluetooth headset.  For my phone, the problem does exist for both outgoing and incoming calls. It started out being random and has turned into very predictably affecting every call. I have the replacement warranty that I pay monthly for so I will probably get the phone replaced, but don't expect it to work any better, just look better while it fails to work!!

I also agree with you that an update could fix it, since I'm convinced an update caused the problem.  The phone worked great for nearly a year, then suddenly we all started having the same problem around the same time. I found it humorous that Sprint commented on the one blogger, saying "great, glad you resolved the problem" when the customer took it upon himself to buy a new different model phone!!  Other than that Sprint doesn't want to touch it. I'm very dissapointed, Sprint has been good to me in the past.

Journeyman

I am having the same issues. I tried the unchecking the Noise Cancellation box and it will work fine for a while then it's right back to blasting my ear drum. Not to mention embarrasing when I am around other people.....they can hear the conversation!

I too am annoyed when I see people getting a new phone and Sprint seems happy with our choice instead of FIXING THE ISSUE! I only had this phone for less than six months! I do pay for insurance but why would I want another Victory if THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM? I would glady take it in and get another phone ONLY if Sprint will give me a HUGE discount.

What's up Sprint why can the problem be solved or at least make us customers happy with another (different) PHONE?

Master

S197,

As of right now, Sprint and Samsung are researching the issue. We're anticipating that Samsung releases a software update to correct the problem. We haven't received any updates about it as of yet. You can always check our Samsung community forums to stay up-to-date about this matter.

Alexes
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How does one access the Samsung community forums?

Master

BOPARKER9,

Thanks for reaching out! You're currently in the Samsung section of the community forums. You will simply click on Community tab > Phones and Devices > on the left side you can filter by manufacture. Let me know if this helped.

Thanks,
Justin Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat