cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Exclaim - Google Maps Uncaught Exception

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Exclaim - Google Maps Uncaught Exception

I work for a sprint repair store and we have had a customer who has gone through numerous exclaims with this error. We have advanance exchanged it twice and have done Software restores over 10 times. His google maps on Samsung Exclaim keeps getting an uncaught exception and then won't start. The only way to fix it is by doing an ##RTN or by downloading and reinstalling the app from google.

Has anyone experienced this  and have a solution for him? He is getting sick of having to come in so often.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Exclaim - Google Maps Uncaught Exception

I was online with tech. dept. for hour. They act like it is google problem. I think it is sprint problem.It worked when I first got the phone.

It starts to download or open , then stopped about quarter of the way.

WHAT AM I SUPPOSE TO DO !!  That is one reason I got the phone and the everything data package..... Not real happy at the present time.

Journeyman

SOLUTION :
Used to get the same error on my 2 samsung phones. What worked for me is taking these 2 steps-
1.  If you are not able to get in back yet into Google Maps, delete it from 'Applications' and reinstall it ONCE (either from the google mobile website-
m.google.com/maps
OR any other way if you know
2.  More importantly after this, MAKE SURE after using Google Maps,
- You use the 'Menu->Exit' always to exit from Google maps and never press the End button of the phone. This helps in having a clean closing of the application.
This applies to the GMail app too.
Hope this helps
Arun

Message was edited by: arunm

Journeyman

Thanks for the answer. I've been having this same issue for MONTHS!  I used Google Maps ONCE and the next time I tried to use it, I got that uncaught Exception or whatever it was. Never thought to look on here, so THANK YOU again!

Journeyman

The only problem I have had was suddenly getting the "uncaught exception" on the google maps after no problem since I got it a year ago.I followed your fix and all is well.Thanks for the tip.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat