cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Exclaim over heating?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Exclaim over heating?

Is this just me,  but when  you charge you samsung exclain it only charges half way before you get that nice message saying the battery is too hot for it to charge? the battery get extremely hot I cant be on it for to long, talking, txting, browsing the Internet, doing anything with the dang phone it gets burning hot. me being the dummy I am when I was at work I was using a for head thermometer in it it went from room temp 77 to 109 in 15 min and that me holding the thermometer about a half a in away from the batter cuz when it touched the battery all it said was high lol. slow day at work and curiosity got to me and the thermometer was right there infront of me what can I say. but thats besides the point does it get that hot for anyone else or is mine just fudged up? and another thing when im in a call and get a txt it mutes the call for a moment and beeps really loud in my ear is there anyway to stop that its highly annoying

thanks

sherry

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Exclaim over heating?

I have been experiencing the same problem recently. This is my 2nd Exclaim since I lost the 1st one a few weeks ago and because I loved it so much I purchased another one. I never had this problem with the first one. Now it is Sunday night and guess what, my phone doesn't send or receive calls!  Actually, I can send calls, but no one can hear me, nor can they hear me. So I have no phone service and can't address the problem until Monday by going into a store since I can't make any outgoing calls.  I do have insurance, however, since I just bought it last week I hope they don't give me a run around. Any suggestions are welcomed!

Journeyman

if you only had it a week...take it back for an exchage...make them give you a new phone not a refab...I had a simular problem with a different phone and the new unit worked fine.

Journeyman

Overheating is usually caused by defective batteries.....

Message was edited by: lifainc

Journeyman

my problem with the exclaim is the first one i got back in march was first off the wrong phone they sent me a pink exclaim im a dude so i wasnt to pleased with that but i kept it anyways and just put a cover on it then it started over heating then i was told i would have to claim it on insurance and pay for it then i was called back two weeks later after i asked them just to turn my service off because i was not satisfied with the service i was receiving and they said i could get a new one for free so i did and its been maybe a month a half at most and this one is now overheating every time its charging and not sending hanlf of my text messages i recieve text messages 30 min.- 1 1/2 hrs after they have sent it and my friends can leave me a voicemail and i finally get a notice on my phone after an hour....... any sugestions on how i should go about handling this?

Journeyman

My phone started overheating and an orange light would come on with the message "bad battery temp"  "charging error" and several others.  It gets hot enough to burn my fingers . My daughter has the same one in blue and it does the same thing. She has had her replaced 3 times and I just got mine replaced today. I think it must be a defect with the phones. And unfortunately unless you qualify for an upgrade, they keep sending you the same phone (only to have problems with that one) or make you pay full price for a different phone. Sprint is not very helpful in helping make sure you have a phone that works and is safe.

Journeyman

I am experiencing the same issues with my exclaim. When I called sprint they acted as if they did not care and that they would fix the issue by sending me to the sprint store to check my phone. Of course, they claimed they were unable to find the issues I am experiencing with my phone.

Journeyman

I'm having similar problams as listed above. My phone gets hot on occaision...so I just turn it off when that happens so it can cool down. Never had the problem others mentioned while charging the battery. It definately has some defects such as:

Can not login to facebook or myspace.

can not display some photo texts. "message can not be adapted to your terminal."

Some texts messages do not get sent or are recieved hours or days later.

Has crappy reception. Will block the reception signal with a crossed out phone symbal. Now, how I have no reception on a device that roams is beyond me! Never happened on my Instict, which was a much better phone(aside from a few minor touchscreen annoyances...but thats another phone and another

story.)

Page being viewed on internet disintegrated on the phone's display screen. (only happened a few times and haven't had that problem since the firmware update so maybe that one is fixed.)

I called sprint about these problems and I talked to a tech support person. They gave me a reference number to take to the sprint store to have them look at the phone. She said a hard refresh may fix the problems...but that will delete all contact info, photos and return settings to default. So I'll need to back things up befopre I go. If that doesn't fix the issues they may replace the phone. Not that I want another one of these! I do have an extended warrantee on it that I bought from wirefly when I ordered the phone so worse comes to worse I'll have them handle it if sprint won't get me out of these horrible phone.

that's what I get for choosing a 'free' phone! Now I'm just stuck until february 2011! Would have been nice if all the problems showed up during Sprint's all too short 30 day return policy!

Message was edited by: njbango

Journeyman

I am having the same problem and have had just the battery replaced in the thing several times. I am tired of it and I am going to call them and complain! I hate this phone it nearly burns your hang when you r on it talking and when its charging!

Journeyman

I got my new phone through the insurance. I asked them if there was any way I could upgrade to a better phone and just pay the difference. They wanted me to buy a whole new phone full price. I called the Sprint store and asked if I could bring in the new phone (still in the box) and get a credit for it and pay the difference for a better phone. Of course the answee  was "nooo, sorrryyy". Did not seem very sorry. I had only had the first phone for 7 months and nothing but problems. I've had this new phone for less than a week and already overheating and burns my hand. You would think they would  try to correct this defect or at least be honorable enough to get you into a new one. If it catches fire and burns something down or hurts someone, they are looking at a huge lawsuit. They should be looking out for the best interest of the customer as well as their own.

Journeyman

If you complain about it enough you will be able to switch to another device regardless of how much time you have left on your contract. The squeeky wheel gets the grease my friends.

Good Luck!

Journeyman

i have had my exlaim for 2 months and it does the same thing, it has even shut off on me a couple of times just for sliding the qwert keyboard shut.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat