cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note II showing periodically showing wrong time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Note II showing periodically showing wrong time.

Every now and then my Samsung Galaxy Note II with show the wrong time. I have to reset it and it fixes, but it has become a nucence because it will do it in the middle of the night and my alarm wont go off. Befor this problem I had to do a hard reset, because I was having some factory problems. My menu apps would move to the app tab and stay there so I couldn't open up the app menu. Also apon reset some apps would dissapear out of the folder I have them in. I haven't had this problem in about a week, but since that problem went away I have had a problem with the time.

Tags (2)
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note II showing periodically showing wrong time.

Hi Mrs.Bhelle,

Thanks for your Community post regarding an issue with your device time changing. Out of curiosity do have the device set so for Automatic Date and Time, and Automatic Time  Zone? If the event this becomes unchecked, that may cause an issue with your date and time being reset. Please keep me posted, in the event these settings are active, we will look into other options.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the same issue multiple times in the ~two weeks I have had my Note 2.  The time is wildly off, yesterday at 5pm it was saying 2am.  It also stopped sending txt messages until I reset the phone.

- I reset by going to airplane mode, then off airplane mode to force phone to aquire nearest tower.

- I did notice that earlier txts had the right times, and after I did this I was able to send a txt.

(Not sure if the txt is symptom of wrong time, but thought I would mention.)

This appears to be a known issue over on other forums.

My phone - Menu>Settings>Date&Time>Automatic Date and Time = Checked.  Also Automatic time zone is checked.

The phone has two apps on it since I got it and it was updated to newest PRL during my activation.  I am on Android 4.1.2.

Journeyman

I live in DFW and we have 3 android phones, GS2, GS3, & Note 2,  ALL of them have been showing wrong date and time for the past 2 weeks.  This happens randomly sometimes only affecting one of them, sometimes all at the same time.

The time will be off by a few hours to not even the right day.  It wouldn't be a big deal except it is REALLY affecting the mobile controls on my daughters phone.

I wish Sprint would fix this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same problem and its really frustrating. I've had my Note 2 for about 10days now and it's been doing it that long.  I also get horrible reception with this phone compared to other phones on our account. Anyone else have that problem with their Note 2? I'm still within the 30 day return umbrella and so far I'm not convinced I'm going to keep this phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

Jbaker5d,

Thanks for your Community post. I sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this issues is causing you and I am happy to assist your further. I understand that your are experiencing some issues with the time changing, and issues with the signal. I suggest taking your device to Sprint's S&R center to have the device triaged. Also, you mentioned having 30 days to return the device. May your advise where the device was purchased? I just want to clarify that Sprint has a 14 day return timeframe.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can you please address the time issue?  I was posting because you had requested more information about the phone set up.  This is a common issue, so I hope someone is dealing with a solution.

Thank you.

ps....for the other poster my connection and call quality have been very good.  calls are clear and seem to be fine to people on the other end.  no problems with that so far.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually, I took the phone within 24 hours for a replacement because the reception was so bad that the customer service rep decided that it must have a bad antenna. The new phone, which is the one I have now, is no better.

Highlighted
Wizard

Jdbaker5D,

Thanks for keeping us posted on the outcome of your store visit. Considering you are advising that you are having reception issues, may you please provide your zip code and cross streets, where you encounter this issue occurring most frequently?  I would like to take a peek at the performance of the towers in your area. In the event the issue is attributed to the device, have your considered exchanging it for any other device? To check the current list of devices we offer, please visit www.sprint.com/phones.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

75147 north of hwy 175....yes I have considered trading the phone for a different one but I really like the big size and the pen and nothing else offers that. I'm still trying to decide if its worth it.

Highlighted
Wizard

Jbaker5d,

Thanks for your reply. I've checked the area and there is an outage reported. It doesn't appear the outage is on the immediate tower you are accessing however, when there are outages on adjacent towers that may increase traffic on surrounding towers. This increased traffic may affect signal strength and create capacity issues. This directly impacts tower performance and may or cause dropped calls. These issue will subsidize soon, as our engineers are currently addressing the outages.

Thank You,

Yahkie W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yahkie, I really don't mean to be rude, but this thread is NOT about service issues.  This thread is about the time/clock showing incorrectly on many of our phones.

Can you please address the original topic in the thread.  I specifically supplied you with the information you requested.

Thank you

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat