cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note II showing periodically showing wrong time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Note II showing periodically showing wrong time.

Every now and then my Samsung Galaxy Note II with show the wrong time. I have to reset it and it fixes, but it has become a nucence because it will do it in the middle of the night and my alarm wont go off. Befor this problem I had to do a hard reset, because I was having some factory problems. My menu apps would move to the app tab and stay there so I couldn't open up the app menu. Also apon reset some apps would dissapear out of the folder I have them in. I haven't had this problem in about a week, but since that problem went away I have had a problem with the time.

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Community Manager

traveling_gael,

We often see an increase in time-change problems with devices when we Spring forward and Fall back.  Normally, they resolve themselves within hours but sometimes a device just seems to get stuck.  I've read through all the previous troubleshooting steps you listed earlier.  Have you also gone so far as to pull the battery for a minimum of 60 seconds before restarting?  If you've done all that and the problem is still happening, I really should submit a trouble ticket for your phone so a network engineer can look into it. I realize the network and the time can seem unrelated but the clock on the phone is actually driven by the network.

I'm sending you a private message with some information that I'll need to get started so we can get you back to the future.. wait.. that's not right.  Anyway, I'm sending you a message

Thanks!

*Christy

Sprint Social Cares

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've been seeing this as well since before the time change.  It happens randomly.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 automatic timezone and get time/date from network are both checked.  Sometimes it will fix itself, other times requires a restart of the phone.  This only seemed to start happening after I did the upgrade to 4.1.2.  It also could be related to the 4G rollout as I never used to have 4G at my house in Arlington, TX, and when I started getting a 4G signal, I was seeing problems with the time/date (depending on how far back the phone throws the time.  Usually in the 6 hour range).  Otherwise, love the phone.  Really annoying for alarms I have set though. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This was happening before the time changes, which can be seen by the date of my first response to this thread.  The time change is random and occurs sporadically.  It happend again two days ago (4/9), so it is obviously not something to do with daylight savings time changes.

The results this time was that my phone was displaying 11am even though it was 3pm in the afternoon.  I had been perplexed by my text messages not going through.  It turns out they were going through, they were just showing up at 11am in the thread instead of down around 3pm where I expected them.

Now, before you suggest that my phone be worked on by a tech, I would like to point out again, that if I take the phone and put it in airplane mode, then turn off airplane mode, it forces the phone to aquire tower and it updates the time.  It appears to me to be soley on the network side because as I change towers, traveling around town, occasionally something is telling my clock the wrong time.

Can you tell me where the private message was sent?  Phone?  I do not have a txt message from anyone at Sprint.

Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just wanted to say that this is exactly what happens to my phone constantly. It hasn't gotten any better. I've done everything I know to do. It's very frustrating.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Today at 8:37am est I looked at my phone and it said 3:37am and had to take a

Double take! After a few mins of freaking out it resumed the correct time. I did not reset it.

It is a 8 day old phone and now I am worried as I use alarms to run my life.

Houston we have a problem??? Dish Network you hace a orobkem???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine still does it all the time! I hate it. It changes to three or four different times periodically.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just a data point:

I have had the Note 2 for a couple months now and never seen a problem with time.  I have both automatic setting and time zone changes selected.  If the TZ matters I am EDT and have had the phone around New England and Florida.

Could it be location specific?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Don't believe location matters. I had an incident prior to the recent time change when the time on my clock went wonky. I was traveling in a rural area, close to my home, and chalked it up to just that...being too far away/weak signal. However, when the time changed this, last weekend my alarm didn't go off for my 6am meds, Sun. When I finally awoke after having overslept and missed my medications, the time was not correct. I was traveling and was in the middle of downtown Dallas. (3 1/2 hours from home). And clearly, No prob with signal. The only timely thing that happens, is I can count on it reoccurring, it happens over and over all hours night and day now. My 6am med alarm may ring at 9am, or any other time. I send text msgs, the time out records on the bubble may be hours in the future, and whomever responds I often have that message line up ahead of mine that I just sent. So the convoys are out of chronological order, making it confusing. I have unchecked and rechecked time and zones, pulled my battery, over and over. I've missed my meds so many times. These"fixes" don't really"fix it". Which totally doesn't fix it". I am not going to be able to rely on my phone which is ridiculous since it cost so much and is failing at being a simple alarm clock. I am now searching the internet for solutions, but only found another temporary fix using airplane mode on and off.. But I never know if the fix is gonna last an hour or five.....come on...isn't there a solution to this? I am going to suffer thru this like I did for months and months of not getting a signal, with dropped calls as a result? At that time I thought my phone was a glorified clock and a crossword or solitaire game 😕 My carrier gave me an air rave that didn't work to boost signal so I unplugged. Now they are threatening that I will be charged $ 200. for not returning it. Only they sent me a prepaid cell phone size envelope five times smaller than the darn air race, so it won't fit! I....don't think its Samsung...or other manufacturer. Read the threads on other forums. I think it may be due towe have common carriers. rne

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat