cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch keeps rebooting...

Patron

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch keeps rebooting...

After some updates a while back, my Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch keeps rebooting.

As long as I am in constant use with it, it seems fine. When I turn it off and later turn it back on, it reboots in a very short time within seconds to a minute.

My SD card showed to be damaged so I cleaned that, but it had no effect on the rebooting problem.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks..

Tags (1)
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch keeps rebooting...

mrdgpt,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear the troubles you're having. To clarify, when you say you turn it off and later back on, are you referencing shutting the phone down completely or locking it? What damage did the SD card have? Thanks for your patience.

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Patron

Shutting down the phone completely.

As for what damaged the SD card, I dont know. The messages started about the time Sprint started sending me reminder notices about keeping my discount.

At first, I thought it was phishing. I had not received any other type of notice saying I had to update my info. I finally realized it was legit a few days before my discount was going to expire and faxed my validation information to them. Since then, it's just gotten worse.

I've reformatted the SD card. It will be fine for a few days then I get a SD card damaged notice. I start the formatting all over. I have no idea it this is what is causing the rebooting.

mrdgpt,

Thanks for your reply. It sounds as if there is full damage to the card or the reader. If it is the reader, it would be within the phone and could also explain the rebooting issues. This is something our Service and Repair Technicians should take a look at. You can locate your local center here > http://www.sprintstorelocator.com/locator/?INTNAV=ATG:HESmiley Frustratedtore If you would like, I'd be more than happy to set an appointment for you and put a ticket in the system so they are aware of what is going on. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Patron

Since we already started the conversation on it, please do make a ticket. The only store in the area would be in Biloxi, store #1689. If you prefer, I can make the appointment, which ever is easier.

Thanks,

Danny

mrdgpt,

Thanks for your reply. Please PM me with your account information, security information, and the best time and date for the appointment and I'll get it all set up for you. Thanks again!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Patron

Dan,

Thank you for you help & suggestions.

I hope you understnad, but I am not comfortable with PM'ing or sending my account & security information.

I will make the appointment.

Thanks again,

Danny

Danny,

I fully understand your concern. You can proceed making the appointment on your own with the link above or, if it is more comfortable for you, you can feel free to email sprintcares@sprint.com with the information. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Wow...Dan... i am experiencing the EXACT same problem....

Bought a 64G card a while back ..had no problems until recently.

Every once in a whille it will say. Damaged card...aftre a reboot it

will see the card fine....But my phone reboots itself several times

an hour.......Strange

James

Patron

I bought our phones on 11/10/12.

I made an appointment with the local Sprint store where I bought the phones. He witnessed the problem, went into my account and said, "Oh, you dont have insurance. It will cost you $50 for the technician to look at it."

My reply was to clarify the difference between insurance and warranty. Insurance is for damage to a phone caused by my neglect. Warranty covers a problem with the phone not caused by me. Example; a car dealer may sell a number of different brands of cars. I buy a new one. It has a problem with the heater (this happened). I take it to the dealer, he evaluates it and fixes it with no cost to me under "warranty".

The Sprint store would no look at it but suggested that I conact Samsung for repair. Not very good customer service IMO.

He did tell me that most likely, all the tch would do is reboot to factory, so that's what I did, 3 times, each time getting the same results. I even updated software etc and nothing fixes the problem.

This is an original phone with no ad-ons that's virtually brand new and it's useless to me. However, I must say, (knock on wood) my wife's phone (same exact model) is working fine.

Danny

Journeyman

I am having the same issue, this started yesterday. It restarts nuermous times and then shows my battery going from 100% to 5%. Please help!

BayAreaWireGuy

Thanks for your post. Did this also happen to you following updates to the phone or did something else happen before this started? Please let me know. Thanks!

Dan

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat