cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S II

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

Will Sprint get the new Samsung Galaxy S II (without slide-out keyboard)?? If so, when?  (Can I preorder now?)  I would be an owner of the Epic 4G were it not for the keyboard arrangement.

http://galaxys2.samsungmobile.com/html/index.html

11 REPLIES
Master

Samsung Galaxy S II

I haven't seen any rumors on the this yet but that doesn't really mean anything.  I think Samsung needs it and Sprint could use it ~ just a wait and see I guess.

Larry    Sprint Tech

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

If it comes to Sprint, I've got my money ready.

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

Seems likely that we will see this on Sprint as an Epic 2..... but I hope Sprint keeps the keyboard to themselves.  I would love to see this device land "as-is" but ADDING a CDMA radio, giving their global phone lineup a much needed flagship upgrade.  TouchPro 2 came out in like 1995. 

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

I agree that if/when it comes to Sprint (hopefully soon) that it comes sans the Keyboard, and appears the same as it does in Europe and Asia.  It's been launched in the UK and I read a review on Engadget saying it was the best android phone to date.

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

Ditto - no keyboard - put me on the 'will buy as soon as it is available' list.  Heck - put me on the pre-order list.

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

It looks like there's good chance it's coming to Sprint, and that it will be the same form factor that hit the UK.  To be called Samsung Galaxy S2 "Within."

http://pocketnow.com/android/galaxy-s-2-us-carrier-branding-confirmed

w00t!!

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

YUP.  Saw this yesterday.   STOKED.  Even more stoked that it's not going to have a keyboard.  SWEET.

If this bad boy shows up as a Global device (unlikely considering the form factor - but here's to having hope) I will probably cry tears of joy.  could it be possible to cram a CDMA radio, a 4G radio,  and leave the Quad band GSM?

Although thinking it over - Sprint will need to differentiate this in their lineup so as not to compete to closely with EVO3D.... so chances are it will be more expensive than the EVO 3d.....  249.99 on contract?

Definately shooting in the dark here but what are your thoughts?

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

My wallet sure hopes it will be 199.99.  If the EVO 3D is 200, and the GS2 is 249, it'd be a pretty difficult choice, but I'd still go with the GS2.  I'm definately hoping it comes out soon!

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

I just read an article saying there was a rumor that the GS2 would be released mid-late July on Sprint.  It's not concrete, but at least there's hope.  I just wish official word would be given about this, it's been release in several countries for 6 weeks now, what's the hold up on the USA release?  I think it's quite a mistake for Samsung to hold off on releasing this, as other manufactures have been rolling out their dual core phone.  I'm starting to consider if waiting is worth it, when highend dual core phones like the EVO3D and Photon 4G will be releasing soon.

http://pocketnow.com/android/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-to-hit-sprint-as-galaxy-within-late-july

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

Canadian wireless carrier SaskTel has officially confirmed that the GS2 will be hitting Canada sometime in July, making it the first confirmed release of the GS2 in North America.  What's the deal with the US launch?  When will Sprint be getting this?  I can only wait so long.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/17/galaxy-s-ii-coming-to-sasktel-next-month-we-embark-on-northward/

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S II

Yeah no kidding.  Although, I might settle on the Photon to get that SIM slot.....

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat