cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ LTE: ESM - X EMM -13 APN - X.ISPSN ISSUE AFTER UPDATE

Yeah I contacted Samsung and exchanging your phone should not affect the preorder..
However it seems even a "new" phone will have the same issue since it's the sprint update, not the android update that's causing the issue? Dont think you can disable the sprint ones can you?
Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_20190315-122311_Complete.jpg

Per chat this morning . I'm not trying another "fix"I'll wait for the note x. SurlyThoroughly frustrated

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem after the update

Highlighted
Journeyman

SO I've done the ##update# and that seemed to improve my reception 'some'. I was checking whichs bands I was using and band 41 @20mhz seems to be strong. But when I get band 25 @5 or 10mhz its pretty hit or miss and usually ends up roaming. 

Wizard

Howdy rich_holm. I'd like to take a deeper look into this for you. I sent you a PM so I could gather a smidge of info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

PM'd

For the sake of sharing info. 

I've talked to tech support 3+ times already. 

1) Tech did something on their end and did a soft reset with ##72786# - No change - Mentioned maybe needing a new SIM?

2) Tech looked over the changes previous tech made and then told me to do ##873283# (##UPDATE#) which seemed to help in certain areas, but overall still horrendous service in areas I had ZERO issues with my LG V20. 

3) Tech had me do a hard reset - No improvement

4) I did a PRL and System Update as well as soft rest and ##update# yesterday. All while taking note of what band the phone was using when I was in 'good' areas and 'bad' areas (no service/roaming/no connection even though it says LTE) thru the use of *#0011#. 

At home it seems my phone is fine since Im on band 41 at 20mhz, but anything using band 25 at 5 & 10 mhz is extremely hit or miss. I may try and disable that band and visit those areas again to see if its improved. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had to trade mine in because of the same issues and I was told it wouldn't affect the galaxy buds promo. I traded mine in a 4days ago and I just got the email yesterday that my galaxy buds just shipped.. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Ray3188 Trade meaning you exchanged it for another Samsung Galaxy s10/S10+? Has your new phone seen improved service in any way?

Highlighted
Wizard

Howdy Ray3188. If the trade in due to defective equipment shouldn't affect the ear bud promo. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well spoke with Sprint Tech today. They asked the addresses of where I was having issues...then escalated it to their IT/Network people. Told me to try CDMA only in those areas to see if 3g works...I'll try this...but if this doesnt do it...I may just have to return it. With the current network connectivity...I basically have a nice camera and electronic organizer. 

Highlighted
Wizard

I hear ya Rich. Let me know if you decided to return the device. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Highlighted
Journeyman

As far as I am concerned, since I replaced my phone through the store and stayed off the update, I'm fine with no issue. I get the notification to download the update, but I always select download later and mostly gives me that only when home and connected to wifi. I'm not gonna update the phone until I see an update from sprint that says the issue has been fixed.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat