cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 Music Track Order

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S2 Music Track Order

Ok, im coming up empty handed in my searches.  Can someone or sprint employee please tell me why when i sync my music or do a direct load to my memory card, the music ALWAYS gets defaulted in alphabetical order?

This is very annoying for continous mix CD's, where track 1 mixes into track 2 and such, and of course, with alphabetical ordering, its all messed up.

Example On how it SHOULD be ordered with one of my albums (baby anne Mixed Live):

1. this is the sound of the underground  (jackal)
  2. do what i do  (tony faline)
  3. dj  (blue light fever)
  4. brain damaged  (sharaz)
  5. #27 puffton  (isle natividad)
  6. down to zero  (baby anne)
  7. 2001  (magic mike & infiniti)
  8. solar flares  (merlyn)
  9. nightmare 2002  (scratch-d vs. h-bomb)
  10. go  (scratch-d & baby anne)
  11. punk (dj icey remix)  (ferry corsten)
  12. rain  (dj icey & jen lasher)
  13. freedom  (burufunk)

But the phone itself always just lists it alphabetical order, regardless of track number.  PLEASE HELP!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy S2 Music Track Order

Hello, in this situation specifying that your media player  include track number at beginning of filename may be the easiest way, although in most android phones you can drag to rearrange the playlists' playback order.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

All settings are in place, all is tracked and listed the way it should be in my media player and settings.  Its just this phone.  I never had issues with a previous blackberry and Evo when synching/loading the same exact music.

When i choose the file path from the phone menu: MyFiles/sdcard/external_sd/Music/Mixed Live (the album im using as an example)  it is tracked and listed perfectly.  But when i go into the built in/factory music app on the phone and then select this same album, its still alphabetical and not tracked like it should be. 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

What I meant to say is that since the Android music application defaults to showing media listed alphabetically, by file name you should consider allowing your media player to name files including the track number, for example 01_thisband_album_coolsong.mp3, 02_thisband_album_secondsong.mp3

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Its ok, thanks for your help.  I just downloaded a few of the Top android market apps for a media player, and found one i like.  It works perfectly fine compared to the built in music player.  All my music is tracked and in order as it should be.

For those that may want to know, its called "Poweramp," free version.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat