Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3

Go to solution
Highlighted
Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

This is the actual symbol. I just didn't want to take the time to go through the character map to find it since it isn't on the keyboard itself... ≠ (not equal to)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here are some specs I have found so far;

..Evo 4G LTESamsung Galaxy S3
Display4.7" HD 720p Super LCD2 display4.8" HD Super AMOLED display;
Resolution720 x 1280 px (312ppi)720 x 1280 px (306ppi)
Processor1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S41.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S4
Rear Camera8MP f/2.0 8.0MP primary camera
Burst ModeHTC ImageSense:20-shot burst
Front Camera1.3MP front-facing camera1.9MP HD front-facing camera
O.S.Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
AudioBeats Audio™, for authentic sound..
HardwareAn easy-to-use kickstand..
Battery2000mAh Battery - Non-Removable2100mAh battery
ChargingWiredWireless
Storage16/32GB of internal storage16/32/64GB of internal storage
Internal Memory1GB1GB
Cloud storage25GB Dropbox for two years50GB Dropbox for two years
Dimensions134.8 x 68.9 x 8.9 mm136.6 x 70.6 x 8.55 mm
Weight134 g133g
Dimensions8.9mm8.6mm thick
FeatureHD Voice capable*..
FeatureNFC supportNFC support
Feature..Smart Stay: The phone tracks your eyes, Display stays on while you are looking.
Feature..Direct Call: Automatic Call
Feature..Smart Alert: enhanced notifications center
Feature..Social network and camera integration: Automatic tagging of pictures and option to send
Feature..Voice Command: S-Voice
Feature..S-Beam: High speed file transfer
Feature..Pop Up Play: Play video in window on any homescreen
Feature..All Share Play and Cast: Share S3 screen to TV
AvailablePre-Order 5-7-12June?? (Rumor)

So far I like the Galaxy s3 more because of the battery, and some of the features.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

I read that Sprint will carry the 16GB, dual core version of the S3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i read that a canadian carrier is taking pre orders for the s3 quad core with LTE.  if that is true, than there is no reason the u.s won't get it.

I have ssen a lot of people say the u.s s3 LTE will be dual core.  But we just don't know until it is officially announced. i hope the canadian rumor is true. i do know they have an s2 hd lte version.  that would have sold well in the u.s.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I read a rumor about sprint offering the Galaxy S3 sometime in June 2012. Here is the link for anyone interested in reading it. http://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-sph-l710-aka-sprints-samsung-galaxy-s3-spotted-83930/

Of course this is just a rumor and I usually don’t get caught up enough in rumors to start a discussion of them however, this one was intriguing in the fact that it made this particular claim; The LTE dual-core version is reserved for Sprint, AT&T and Verizon – while the LTE quad-core version of the Samsung Galaxy S3 is expected to run on T-Mobile. Someone please enlighten me if I am wrong but from what I understand the reason the U.S. version of the Galaxy S3 will not be equipped with the quad core processor (another rumor) is it’s incompatibility in the U.S. version of 4G LTE. If this is true than, the rumor makes no since at all because T-Mobile doesn’t offer 4G LTE as of now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So from what I read (speculation) Is that those who are impatient can buy an unlocked version (GSM) of Galaxy S3 in June...the catch? Won't work on 4G LTE so pretty much being on 3G network only...period......So pretty much Those only AT&T and T-Mobile would be able to do this...

As for US version of the phone amongst the carriers....seems might be delayed

Something about the 4G Chips Samsung is using in the Galaxy S3 is the same as the one will be in Apple's iPhone 5.

So possibly have to use an alternative supplier for the Chips...

http://www.galaxyinsider.com/news/1122

I don't if it's true but if it is how does Apple seem to have it's hand on everything?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the spec comparison RPING02. I for one can't wait for the SIII to come out. At first I was going to get the new EVO but the SIII really impressed me. Can't wait for it to come to Sprint. Hopefully Sprint won't mess with the design like the new EVO.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey iLisper, I heard the same thing about the T-mobile version being quad core but that is because the phone won't be a 4G phone due to its incompatibility with its HSPA+ network. I don't have the link, sorry, I forgot the source. So I guess their consolation prize is a quad versus dual core phone. What sucks for us on Sprint in the non LTE areas is that we will have a 3G dual core phone. And if you all have noticed, Sprint's 3G network has been atrocious lately (at least in LA).

Highlighted
Journeyman

another rumor in the mill is that japan is getting the s3 with the 1.5ghz dual core and lte, but they are also getting 2 gigs of ram instead of 1.  i'll be very happy if the u.s/sprint version has the same thing.  hopefully the increased ram doesn't drain the battery.

and if sprint can speed up their roll out of the lte network...the s3 will be tough to beat by anyone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

First, Your welcome ASM3.

Just saw this: "The Bluetooth SIG is the board which approves Bluetooth radio applications.  The organization’s latest listing indicates that Sprint will also be offering Samsung’s new smartphone.  Such listings won’t tell us anything either about release dates – so far, most are hoping the Galaxy S3 will be out sometime in June, but neither Samsung nor the Big Four US carriers have confirmed anything."

The quote is from the "Eastern Morning Herald".  (See link): http://easternmorningherald.com/sprint-carry-samsung-galaxy-s3/126251/

Hopefully, this is a step closer.

http://images.fonearena.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/GALAXY-S-III_8.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC's poor decision to follow apple's lead by embedding the battery (non-removable) makes Samsung the clear choice for me. Expect the Galaxy SIII in the USA before London Olympics - just in time for my 7-11-12 renewal date. And, SD card slot holds up to 64gb. I like it!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat