Samsung Galaxy S3

Go to solution
Patron

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3

a freaking dual core again?

i think ill just get the EVO LTE

Journeyman

US will never see quad-core any time soon with the whole limitation on the 4G hardware.  We fail every time 😕  While Japan is getting close to 100Mbps download on their cell service we're not even close to getting 4G everywhere. 

I have a feeling the launch of GSIII will be around July for Sprint.  No later than September.  Seeing that SGII is now on sale at $149 with two year contract, I wouldn't be surprised if the shipment is within the next month.  Not getting LG this time.  Giving Samsung a try even if I have to dish out few hundred dollars.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check out this side by side comparison of the S3 vs EVO LTE if you haven't already.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S-III,HTC-EVO-4G-LTE/phones/6330,7019

Journeyman

Call me a treehugger but love the fact that Samsung based on the design from nature. Just love the way it looks.  I don't really see any advantage in getting the EVO at this point; the music format alone means I can play FLAC on GSIII.  Hopefully even the dual-core version will live up to its hype!

Sprint Employee

pknipper, android 3.1 and higher natively support FLAC for those who use it, this is not something unique to Samsung products.You may want to wait until it's available, try it out, and make a decision. Just because it has more under the hood does not necessarily make it more efficient.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

S3 has been released in 28 countries on May 29 in England, France, UAE, Saudi Arabia and other countries. And it will be released, gradually, in other countris total number of 145 by the end of July. This release of 28-countries-at-the-same-time is record setting for Samsung Galaxy series of any kind. The previous model,  S2, had received 3 million pre-orders prior to its first launching for sale. But as for S3, it has received pre-orders in the numbers of 10 million. The first U.S sale for S3, which has quad-core, is scheduled to be on June 20, according to Seoul Economy News.

Journeyman

My contract is up in July for my Evo OG. I am hoping that both the SGSIII and the LTE roll-out (Atlanta) occurs before that time. Otherwise, I'll probably stick with my Evo for a while. Wimax 4G coverage is actually pretty decent in Atlanta, and I am leary of swapping that for spotty LTE coverage that will probably focus on the downtown area rather than out in the suburbs where I live. I hope I am pleasantly surprised as I am addicted to Sprint's unlimited data (and Netflix/Xfinity/HBO Go mobile apps). I looked at my data usage, and I spiked at nearly 12GB one month last year when I was watching a ton of BBC shows on Netflix each day (and close to that again during March Madness with the CBS Sports app). If I were still with that POS AT&T Wireless, watching those shows/events would have cost me over $100 extra for that month.

Journeyman

@ATLSeven

Actually depening where you live in the Atlanta area you might have some LTE coming our way.

I live in McDonough,GA (~35 mins South of the Metro area) and to my surprise there are some towers literally in this city.

I'm unsure where in the Atlanta are you live but you can aslo check this out

If you notice that second map on that page it shows the Atlanta area and as you can see....it's pretty covered so depending where you live you should be pleased.

Atlanta is marked for being one of the first markets to get LTE when it's up so that's good news.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/909-sprint-lte-may-2012-schedule-maps/

I'm currently on 3G Network (Samsung Intercept) so even if GS III comes out before LTE is up (doubt it) I'll still be satified with a good phone on the long run... Anything pretty much better then the intercept at this point lol but I'm gunning for the S3

Journeyman

Just saw this on Amazon;

Pre-Orders for: SAMSUNG GALAXY SIII GT-i9300 16GB MARBLE WHITE FACTORY UNLOCKED GSM i9300 S3 (3G HSDPA 850/900/1900/2100

This item will be released on June 8, 2012.

Ships from and sold by BLUTEKUSA.

Price $799.00

BlutekUSA states it is the quad core international versions of the phone.

Amazon also states: PRE - ORDER NOW : COMING SOON.  This listing is for PRE-ORDER. Expected despatch date on/after 4th June 2012. Date may be subject to change.

This device is compatible with 2G GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and/or 3G UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA 850/900/1900/2100 networks world wide.

Please check with your network provider the compatibility before you purchase.

Journeyman

That's interesting! Hope that's a sign that the S3 will be released to the US in early June and not June 20th as I have seen on other rumor sites.

Journeyman

Thanks for the map link, it does show LTE scheduled all over Atlanta in May, but did Sprint actually perform the replacement/upgrades in May? I'm up in Johns creek, which looks like it will end up with the same coverage as now when the roll-out actually occurs. I'm hoping that the 800mhz roll-out will occur realtively quickly as well, as I have a pretty weak signal at my home (1 bar Wimax when outside, only 3G with 3 bars when inside). I'm hoping the much hyped better building penetration of that frequency will hold true.

Anyway, things look good for us in Atlanta. Sorry about the rest of you.

Journeyman

Check out the s4gru.com site.  Their maps are up to date.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat