Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3

Go to solution
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S3

Does anyone know if Sprint will offer the Galaxy S3 and when that might be?  I'm an original Evo owner and have been trying to compare the new Evo LTE and the Galaxy S3 which is supposed to be out soon to help me decide what my new phone will be.  Thanks.

82 REPLIES 82
Journeyman

If I recall they are up and running just not running for the general public.

One of the threads on S4GRU (the site I showed you)

Had a thread directly related to us in Atlanta market he said he was able to pick up a speed of tower if i remember it correctly but again couldn't use it... but he was able to get something so that would atleast mean they're up just not operational for the public yet....

Journeyman

I just looked at 55 minute long presentation on the Samsung galaxy S3 on YouTube. That phone does so much that it scares me (in a Matrix, terminator, machines take over the world kinda way.) And this statement is coming from a SiFi loving, tech junkie. Well that being said the phone was supposed to be released on May 29 in Europe and scheduled to be released in some other countries on that side of the world in the near future, don't know when it's going to be released in United States.

Journeyman

In that regard saw a couple a minute a go there's going to be a Tour of the Galaxy S3 in New York on June 20th at the same time canada will be getting their version of the S3....it appears there's will have 2GB of RAM (Similiar to Japan's )opposed to the general 1GB The international has. And Since there's is on the LTE network it's dual core which makes people wonder will the US versions have 2GB also...

Either way if the Tour for June20th in New york is true then I'd say jsut wait until then....

Journeyman
Wizard

If we get the S3, I may finally upgrade from my Evo 4G. *crossing fingers*

Journeyman

Pre-Order is supposedly tomorrow and the release date for carriers is June 21st. Oh and it's supposed to be coming to all 5 US carriers. ^_^

Journeyman

Yes, I just read that! Man, that will be great if it's true! I'm lookng now to see if I can find any official word from Sprint.

Journeyman

They're coming to Sprint.

I think I'm going to return this Galaxy Tab II 7" I just bought from Best Buy.  Didn't think 7" tablet was going to be more cumbersome than I thought.  4.8" screen should be enough for me and now that GSIII coming sooner than I thought

Journeyman

Just found this on Sprint's Web site:

Samsung Galaxy S III Comes to Sprint, the Only Wireless Carrier to Offer the Device with Unlimited Data Pricing Plans and Google Wallet Pre-Loaded, on June 21

See Link for full Release:  http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=2301

Pre-order begins June 5 at:  www.sprint.com/galaxysiii

Samsung Galaxy S III will be offered in a 16GB version for $199.99 and 32GB version for $249.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement at Sprint Stores.  The 32GB version will be available exclusively through Web Sales.    

It will be available in two color options – Pebble Blue and Marble White.  Galaxy S III offers the speed of a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM.

I think this answers my original question.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

So what do you guys think about the EVO in comparison to the GS3?

I'm debating on getting the EVO now that the GS3 is expected. I'm pretty much sold on the EVO though. I was actually going to go buy it today. 

Any opinions or input on this is greatly appreciated. (:

Journeyman

I am pretty much sold on the S3. With features like Smart Stay, S-Voice, S-Beam, and wireless charging makes it very appealing. And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can remove the battery in the EVO. But you can in the S3. This is huge for me as I like to carry an extra battery or two when I can't plug in to rercharge. Not that I think I'll have to given that the S3 sports a 2100mAh battery. But I enjoy having the option.

Journeyman

darb6813,

I am an original EVO owner and have loved my EVO since I purchased it over (2) years ago.  It has been a solid phone and has given me little trouble except that the usb charging port is starting to get loose now.  The reason I am switching this time to the S3 is as stated in posts 25, 26, and 27.

I think the EVO and the S3 are both good phones and I would probably be happy with either.  But if I have a choice, and I do, I am going with the Samsung this time.  Hope this helps you with your decision.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat