Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE

Can you tell me Sprint, why you won't be carring the
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier in LTE? You had one before. I still have the Gear S with 3G on it. Most if all the other Networks have one. There are days I don't want to carry my phone, so I use my Gear S 3G. Is there any in the works?

Sprint customer 15yrs.....................

Chris

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Master

Unfortunately not at the moment, but maybe soon since they are working on a Verizon one, and normally that means that it might support CDMA.
Here is a communication I had with Samsung support about it.

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Vinay S'. The reference number for this chat is 4347294696.
Vinay S: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?
ME: Hi there, I was wondering if I can use an S3 Frontier from AT&T, Verizon or T-Mobile on Sprint?
Vinay S: Hello ME.
Vinay S: I see that you are referring to Gear S3 Frontier 4G version, as of now the Gear S3 4G version is available only with At&t and T-mobile carriers.
Vinay S: So, you can only use At&t and T-mobile carrier on the Gear.
Vinay S: As the Gears has inbuilt SIM card, they can not be unlocked and use with alternate carrier.
Vinay S: They can only be used with carrier that provided the Network services.
ME: I C.
Vinay S: Yes ME.
ME: Do you have any info if there is one coming for sprint?
Vinay S: No ME, as of now there is no inform about Sprint carrier but Samsung is planning to release Gear S3 with Verizon.
Vinay S: We are unable to speculate when/if Gear S3 Sprint might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.
ME: I understand
Vinay S: Thank you for understanding.
Vinay S: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
ME: no that would be it.
ME: Thank you
Vinay S: If you feel I have helped you with required information, you can give me feedback about chat experience with me by clicking the BLUE (X) button in the chat window. Your feedback is much appreciated. Your feedback will help me a lot.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

I hope so. I want a Gear 3 Frontier like now........

Highlighted

I have one already, but it is the BT/WiFi one.
I had the Gear S and never activated it. I never saw the need for it lol.
I love the frontier one, I got spoiled with Gear S and I will never go to a regular watch (other than my fine watches for special events).
I'm too attached to my phone due partially to work and need to use office software on it and quick type.
Who knows maybe next watch might have Bixby in it lol, that will definitely change things 🙂
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

You have to buy a SIM card start up kit for $25.00 on the T-Mobile version.  I took that to mean that the SIM cards were removable/interchangeable?  

Highlighted

Unfortunately the sim in gear s3 is embedded and can not be removed.
Highlighted

I am very disappointed when I bough the phone note 8  and found out that I will not be able to use the Gear S3 Frontier as an LTE without my phone. I might be switching my phone over to an Iphone and get the Apple watch that does everything. 

We have Sprint service for over 16years not, but might be jumping ship to AT&T. Very disappointed I felt like Sprint had cheated on us.

Highlighted

You guys realize that Sprint does not produce the watch.
Highlighted

@jamaicanjoe12 hate it you feel that way I have the Gear 3 Classic great device but again you have to remember that when the Gear Watches come out. That before anyone purchase the Gear 3 that Samsung usually already puts out ahead of time what carriers the LTE version will work with.  Does not mean in the future that Sprint and Samsung might partner up to do a LTE version but folks should already know this ahead of time as well.  Not ever smartwatch that has LTE will work with all 4 carriers some will some will not. So that being said it's not all Sprint's fault nor Samsung they just at the time do not have a LTE version of the device. To me this is not a deal breaker with my watch due to there No guarantee how well LTE will work. Apple has already had to come out with a patch to fix some of their issues with the latest Apple Watch with LTE. Also remember the you will most likely have to pay a extra montly fee to use a LTE watch as well. Anyway just somethings to think about.. 🙂 

Highlighted

Is there any change in the availability of getting a phone number ported from a Sprint LG phone into the Samsung Gear S3 Frontier? I recall the guy at the store said this was possible now. That was less than two weeks ago, but memory's a lil fuzzy.

Highlighted

I bought a tmobile LTE version by accident on eBay will it still work

Is it unlocked?
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat