Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Gear S3 Frontier LTE

Can you tell me Sprint, why you won't be carring the
Samsung Gear S3 Frontier in LTE? You had one before. I still have the Gear S with 3G on it. Most if all the other Networks have one. There are days I don't want to carry my phone, so I use my Gear S 3G. Is there any in the works?

Sprint customer 15yrs.....................

Chris

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted

It says connetivity-network-unlocked

Highlighted

Normally they are carrier specific, but can you give me the model number and I can check what bands it supports. To get that info go to:
Menu- Settings- Gear info- About device
Should be the top info under Model number SM-R****
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

I don't have it yet bit the seller put this, If you are having trouble with the internet service on your cellphone. Chances are, The APN setting is not properly configured. Simply go to the setting and manually set up the APN to your carrier's standard. If you are having trouble, please use the "Ask Seller a Question" on the left. We will help you to resolve the issue in a timely manner.

It should say on the posing.
Keep in mind, my att one should support sprint LTE for data, but I can't use it for calls since it does not support cdma.
If you want to use it for calls, you might not be able if it is att or tmobile.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted

That's not three text I ment to put in i ment to put, Carrier Unlocked device is permanently compatible with any GSM carriers in the world. You will be able to make phone calls. But you might need to set up the proper APN in the setting to get data service (i.e. Using the internet on the go, or sending pictures to your friend).

*We manually turn on each device and enter the unlock code before shipping
Highlighted

That is not true with sprint. All calls use cdma and based on this details: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Gear_S3
It should not work on sprint for calls.
Sprint does not have voice over lte.
Highlighted

Seems like only the new Zealand one supports cdma, model SM-R765N
Highlighted

I don't even want to use it to make calls
Highlighted

If that is the case, if you will only use it via BT through your phone, you can get any S3, it does not matter.
Like I said, mine is att and I have been using it since they came out, More than a year ago.
Highlighted

At this time I had Verizon Wireless & had jus gotten the new Samsung Gear S3 Frontier 4G LTE it had its own data and phone number and separate line. It connected to my Galaxy S8+ at time or if I forgot my phone in car say like while at grocery stores I could call and use the text people from my watch also get my emails and social media messages. I wonder why Sprint has not came out with it yet ?
Highlighted

Sprint uses GSM for calls and the chip inside S3 does not support GSM.
That said, the new watch they just released with the note 9, has GSM capabilities, so in paper should work with sprint.
Highlighted

you mean CDMA?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat