Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Mega

Why is Sprint always lagging behind AT&T

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Wizard

@lhobbies87,

We don't lag at all in terms of the everyday value of our price plans and limited data offerings. I'm unsure as to what goes on behind the scenes in determining release dates but I don't see the appeal of using a great device such as the Galaxy Mega on a limited data network.

Thank you,

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, but when today's devices are only supported with updates for 6 months to a year. It's an extreme handicap to release it months behind other carriers. Not only that most of the hardware is outdated after a year also so when other carriers release it months ahead your just playing catch up with their device line up. What good is unlimited data if you don't have a decent phone to use it on . If sprint would get their device lineup as extensive as AT&T it would destroy them but there are only a handful of phones that are halfway decent on sprints network. Hopefully we get the note 3 and lg g2 at the same time as other carriers in the US. The lg g2 is suppose to have tri band radios on sprints version and hopefully we see the true power of sprint network after all their hard work but time will only tell

Highlighted
Wizard

BRAUN69,

Thanks for sharing. You bring up valid points. Our releases are usually on par with competitors in regards to CDMA device offerings. Just speculation but GSM carriers have the benefit of manufacturers making devices for a slightly more popular technology, on a global scale.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why all the secrecy from Sprint?  This was done to me last August when I inquired about the Note II.  I was told they had no info.  Amazingly it was available in October.  This time I think I prefer not to wait and switch carriers.  I am not into cloak and dagger games.  Just want a time frame.

Highlighted
Wizard

lhobbies87,

As employees we are not usually informed of a device's release until a day or two before it is made public. We share information as it becomes available.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

US Cellular has announced tomorrow.  Now where is Sprints announcement?

Highlighted
Wizard

While not officially announce by Sprint, the device has passed through the FCC with the same frequencies that Sprint uses. Therefore it should be on the Sprint network quite soon.

TS

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I despise the idea of data caps and throttling (as that is why I had to leave Verizon, I wasn't paying full price to keep unlimited data)  since switching I am close to wanting to go back, just so I can have my data speeds back.  I was used to 15 Mb/S on Verizon's LTE and switching to sprint I am back to below 1 Mb/S since I no longer have 4G.  My point is having limited data does suck, but having unlimited and barely being able to use it is just as bad.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can we at least get a release date for the device x_x I'm really about to get the Mega from At&t if it doesn't come out to Sprint this month....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also going to jump ship with our Business Account.  This is poor management.  I doubt any posts here are even conveyed to the powers that be

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't believe that the Note 3 is already announced for Oct 4th! The Mega has been out for months, and other carriers already got it! WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO RELEASE THE MEGA!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat