Samsung Mega

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Mega

Why is Sprint always lagging behind AT&T

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Journeyman

"Our releases are usually on par with competitors in regards to cdma device offerings."

U.S Cellular has had the mega available for preorder since september 15, and in stores as of september 17. Now how is it possible that a small carrier such as US cellular was able to put out a cdma variant of the mega before the 3rd largest carrier in the US. Most Canadien carriers already have the Galaxy Mega and still no word from Sprint on a preorder date or release date. The Mega was released internationally in April, 6 months ago. Samsung probally will release the Mega version 2 before you guys release the Mega. I am getting to the end of my patience with the release of the mega from sprint . If there isnt an annoucement by the end of this week. I am going to shut down my 4th line and start moving my lines over to at&t it is unbelievable that there hasnt been any news from sprint on a release date other than " late 2013"

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am with you.  If I hear nothing tomorrow I will start pulling my business account.  All we are asking for is a time frame but all we get is silence.  If I did this to my customers they would not be customers for long.

Highlighted
Wizard

So let me try to understand this, if Sprint does not let you know by today when a certain phone is going to be available or on pre-order you will pull your business accounts and go elsewhere. Just on a date? Seriously. wow

Go on and good luck. Maybe when another device comes around and that carrier decides not to put up a certain sell/pre-order date you will repeat the process.

TS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Let me tell you something.  This is the second time I have had Sprint do this. Last August when one of our accounts was due for renewal I asked if the Note was coming to Sprint. They told

me they didn't have a clue.  So we got the Samsung Galaxy III.  What happens?  In October the Note shows up on Sprint.  If you can give me a good reason why they do not tell their customer

the "truth" I am listening.  It is not about the phone for me it is the lack of info. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Don't think, I'll ever have that problem with at&t as they seem to get most devices first and don't play cloak and dagger games with their release dates. That is if sprint even gets the phones at all , sprint has maybe 2 phones I would actually buy. AT&T n verizon get such a better selection, Sprint doesn't get any Nokia or Sony phones and the phones they do get are limited in capabilities ie Note 3 only has 1900 MHz Lte , no 800 MHz or 2.5ghz lte. At&t gets every phone sprint gets plus and name one time Sprint released a phone before At&t or even announced the release date of the phone before AT&T , look it up ... Never. Let's look at the past  3 phone releases ; the moto x AT&T August 19th , Sprint September 6th;

the Galaxy Mega  AT&T August 23 , Sprint no word yet. The Lg g2 AT&TSeptember 13th , Sprint  preorder October 11th. No date for offical release. Also what good is unlimited data if I only get 3G speeds. I ve been with sprint almost 10 years now , the only reason I have stayed is because I used to get great customer service, but in my recent experiences with their customer service ie trying to get a problem fixed for over 3 weeks but I gave up on it( nothing to do with this). Basically put it this way we just want honesty out of Sprint and I want them to stay competitive but the way it's going they are moving to 4th behind tmobile. It's like being on a sinking ship , just look at most of the threads on here over 95 percent are bad. They are losing a lot of long time faithful customers and don't care. Its like we are trying to give them money and they are smacking it out of our hands by these cloak and dagger games

Highlighted
Journeyman

Could not have said it better.  Too many better alternatives out there .  Why stick with a carrier who doesn' care

Highlighted
Wizard

BRAUN69,

There are various factors that go into device releases. My own two cents is that ATT is a GSM carrier and GSM is more widely used around the world. As a phone manufacturer you may sway towards releasing the bulk of your devices on the most common global technology. I'm sorry that device releases are the make or break deal for you. If you look at the scope of this frustration you only upgrade once every two years so around that time you have the dilemma of figuring out what phone you want next. To attribute that one experience every 2 years with your overall experience with Sprint seems to be a bit of an overemphasis.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

You know what Carlos, you are probably right, but if Sprint would get off their but and release the phone's they are given, maybe they wouldn't be shedding subscribers so fast.   US cellular released the Galaxy mega almost 2 weeks ago, where is sprints version?  It is pretty much the same phone.. .   Verizon and AT&T realized the LG G2 earlier this month, where is sprints version?  Oh that's right, it is a little under a month away still.   I realize there is a while lot of politics and deals behind the scenes that control when phones get released and each carrier, but it is like your not even trying to gain subscribers or keep the ones you have right now...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree LoveRacing1988.  All we are asking for is a release date.  Carlos we upgrade more than once every 2 years but what does it have to do with anything. They are also lagging with technology so I really

do not see any good argument for Sprint.  And as someone else pointed out the Customer Service has become horrible.   

Highlighted
Wizard

LOVERACING1988,

I agree, I wish we got all the phones first. I'm sorry for the frustration this creates. I can assure you we're not holding any information back. As soon as we get any details we'll share them.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Wizard

lhobbies87,

In what way have you experienced a decline in customer service?

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

You bring up the gsm vs cdma again Carlos. I would understand that situation if U.S Cellular hadn't released the phone on the 17th of September, and started preorders on the 15th of September. They are Cdma also and share basically the same frequencies 1900mhz and 800mhz. Sprints phone will be almost identical to US Cellular so the Gsm vs Cdma argument doesn't work in this situation. How does US Cellular , with its 5 million subscribers , release a phone before Sprint , who has nearly 60 million subscribers n 3rd largest in the US. US Cellular is like the 7th largest provider in the US they have maybe 10 percent the customer base that Sprint has. It's apparent that you didn't even read half of the messages on here Carlos, or you wouldn't have brought up the gsm vs cdma again as It was addressed in a early post. Not every one from Sprint upgrades every 2 years as you do have the option of buying a phone at msrp. Also Sprint used to have the Premier Program which allowed the main line to upgrade every 12 months for loyal customers but like Sprints recent customer service that went down the drain.

" To attribute that one experience every 2 years with your overall experience with Sprint seems to be a bit of an overemphasis."

I Can't believe you said that , That is like a car dealership saying you put to much emphasis on what car you have.......Your a cell phone company , off course people are going put emphasis on what cell phones you guys have. Sprints a Ship and it sinking fast especially when customers ask easy questions and you guys beat around the bush

Message was edited by: BRAUN69

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat