ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment - Samsung doesn't support their phones?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Moment - Samsung doesn't support their phones?

I am debating between getting the HTC hero, the Palm Pre, or the Samsung Moment. I am leaning towards the moment, but I keep hearing that "Samsung doesn't support their mobile phones." Is this true? I know Palm supports the Pre as they've been sending out updates since its release, but am I going to get stuck with Android 1.5 on the Moment because Samsung won't get around to releasing 2.0? Are there any Samsung smartphone owners who've needed updates and Samsung has proven reliable and remotely fast?

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment - Samsung doesn't support their phones?

Well I have seen more support in Europe than in America, so thats why I prefer Nokia.

Journeyman

I've pretty much vowed to never buy another sammy... my m510 was still in warranty when it stopped being able to boot up. sammy said to send it in for warranty repair but didn't have another phone and it would take 3 wks??

sprint stepped up and helped me with another phone and sammy got the m510 and they reflashed it and sent it back. Worked for about 1.5 days and then same problem happened. Called sammy and was told all they can do is reflash it again... "don't you ever replace the phone? am I suppose to just keep sending it back hoping for a different result?" answer: "all we can do is reflash the phone".

remember, it's still in warranty! asked to speak to a supervisor... after 15 min wait I figured I was being blown off...

NEVER sammy again!! crap company!

Journeyman

Anyone else? I was planning on the Moment, but I am rethinking that decision... I wonder if HTC is any better.

Journeyman MDG
Journeyman

I have a Samsung Instinct, and it has had 5 or 6 different updates in the last year.

Journeyman

I'll keep this short and sweet....

Pre sucks...had it for a day...it sucks

Hero is a solid, well built, buggy phone that I'm sure will get updates and be what it should be...Had it for 3 wks

Moment...No sense ui...but you know what?  I'm starting to see sense ui as bloatware...I simply don't need it or want it...Moment has  a significanly faster cpu, nicer screen, better call quality (it is a phone ya know) & better battery life, the entire os goes horizontal with you rotate...unlike hero....Which is especially annoying in the car...I'll be switching to the moment, mostly for the faster cpu...You can make it look just like the hero with "better widgets" software....

Journeyman

1 more thing...

I too had an instinct m800 and was VERY happy with that phone...

Samsung's have been some of the best phones i've owned...There was a time i said I wouldn't buy anything else...Seems it's going to be that way...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat