cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Moment not connecting to market

Journeyman

Samsung Moment not connecting to market

I got this phone yesterday, hooked up email and everything just fine.

Just one problem with my phone, its not connecting to the Market I have a google account I tried using but it didn't work so I made a new one.

Yet again that didn't work either.  Heres the Error -

"Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server.

This could b a temporary problem or your SIM card may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call Customer Care."

Well I have a full data plan so help me out all.

I need some apps!

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Moment not connecting to market

I had a slightly different problem--although I could browse the market and select applications to download, they wouldn't download.

I configured WiFi to connect to my access point, after which restarting the downloads worked just fine. Since then, I haven't had any problems, even using cellular with WiFi off (as long as there is good reception).

So if you haven't connected over WiFi yet, you might want to try that to see if it fixes your problem.

Journeyman

Didn't work

Wizard

Have you tried updating your data profile? Settings > About Phone > System Updates is the path on the Hero. It should be in a similar location on the Moment I think.

If your downloads are stuck, you have to cancel them all and restart them again. At least that's what I had to do for my hero.

I would cancel them all, do the update profile and maybe even restart the phone before trying the store again.

One Gmail account should be as good as another, so I don't think that should be a problem.

Journeyman

Thanks GarrettZ Im trying right now

EDIT: Fail -

Error - Your profile could not be updated at this time. Please try again later.

It this problem persists, please contact customer care.

Message was edited by: XenunX

Gimme a sec lemme try and get a better signal

Still Didn't work after I updated it.

Same error as the first post

Journeyman

Ima take it to the store asap if noones got a fix for this

Wizard

Yea that's probably best. The Update Data Profile is supposed to reprovision the phone for data, but maybe they have something screwed up on your account. The store should be able to double check everything on your account for you though.

Journeyman

If you can surf the web using the phone's browser, the data connection is probably OK.

If not, you should be able to check your plan at sprint.com and/or call customer support.

Assuming you can surf from the phone OK, you might want to reset your Google Apps account information. You can do this by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications. Then find Google Applications and clear its data. When you go back to Market, it will prompt again for your Gmail address and password.

Journeyman

briank I was never able to log in. When I did, I got the error from the first post.

I tried your tactics, yet still no luck.  Im taking it into sprint tomorrow morning

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my Moment. Sprint was unable to figure out the issue and replaced the phone but I am having the same issue with the 2nd phone. So far I have had two Moments in the last two days and I still can’t get a phone that works. There are also issues with the Airplane mode turning on randomly…hopefully that doesn’t happen to you. You can take it in to the Sprint store and get a new one and hopefully you will have better luck than I have had. I am planning on calling Samsung customer support tomorrow to see if they have any more insight on what is going on because Sprint doesn’t seem to have a clue. Going back to Sprint tomorrow to get another new Moment and I am crossing my fingers that a third time is a charm!

Samsung Customer Support

Consumer Products

Mobile phones

1-888-987-HELP(4357)
Mon - Fri : 7am - 9pm (CST)
Sat : 9am - 6pm (CST)

Journeyman

actually i get the same error.   fpund it on airplane mode randomly this morning.  well hopefully we can either get it fix by samsung or spront with ease

Journeyman

Ok wow! this is the second Moment posting that I'm finding people having problems that I've been having.  It seems to me that the Moment is a bad phone as far as quality is concerned.  I too am having problems with my Moment randomly entering airplane mode (in addition to worse than normal reception).  When it does that I actually have to turn the phone off to get it back off airplane mode, which is annoying as heck.  I sent my Moment back to the online retailer hoping my phone was just defective, but it seems like this may be a problem shared by many Moments.  Did you get a chance to contact Samsung customer support?  Is there a fix for these problems?  I expected more from Samsung, hopefully when I get my new Moment it'll be without these problems, otherwise Hero or Pre here I come!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat