cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Reclaim - Text timestamps when phone is off

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Reclaim - Text timestamps when phone is off

When the phone is off, any text msgs received during that time will have the timestamp of when the phone is powered up; not when the text was sent. Is there a solution to this other than leaving the phone on? Sometimes you just have to turn it off, like on a plane or when there's no signal.

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Samsung Reclaim - Text timestamps when phone is off

agree, that's gotta be a bug.

Journeyman

I'll check with product on this...and post an update as I receive more info.

Journeyman

I did hear back from product and they informed me this is NOT a bug. When the device is off the network its seen as "device unavailable" so it puts the message in queue until the device is powered back on or back in coverage. Therefore, the device sets the timestamp when the message is actually received by the device and not the time it was put into queue. Hope that helps.

Journeyman

That makes sense. I seem to recall this behavior on my previous phones, too.

Journeyman

so youre saying that this is a feature and not a bug. well it's a terrible feature. this is just poor programming by the developers.

my previous phone, the sanyo incognito, displays the txt date when it was sent, not received. this is how it should be. your emails aren't dated when they're received, so neither should your txt messages.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat