This past weekend my phone became a victim of a roller coaster lapbar. And other than interesting Rorshach-esque patterns, the screen is usless.
I know, hindsight is 20/20, and I should have backed everything up....but I didn't. My question is - is there anyway to retrieve the contacts from this phone? I tried sync'ing it with another phone via bluetooth, but without a screen it was like shooting in the dark. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful.
Frustrated in Indy
Solved! Go to Solution.
Welcome to the boards LPJOK01,
Sorry to hear about your phone. Do you remember subscribing to Wireless Backup? If you did you can view your contacts on sprint.com under the my device and media section of your homepage. If you didn't use Wireless backup you can take your phone to one of our service and repair centers to have the contacts saved.
If you need help locating a store you can visit http://www.sprint.com/storelocator and find one close to you.
Thank you so much for your reply. That is my next step tomorrow. I was wondering however, do you happen to know the exact menu option numbers I can enter to enable bluetooth to try one last time to transfer contacts that way before I go in to a store? Or do I really need to have the screen operational to attempt that? Thanks again in advance for your help.
I do know the steps or at least how it should go. I'm going to list them as though your Bluetooth is turned off so if you want feel free to skip ahead to number 7.
When you unlock your phone it should default to the home on the tile bar at the bottom of the screen.
1) Press down on the D-pad to select it.
2) Press the star "*" key to select Settings.
3) Press the 3 key to select Bluetooth.
4) Press the 1 key to open the options to turn Bluetooth on.
5) Press the 1 key again to turn Bluetooth on. (If it's already on it won't do anything).
6) Press the Red "End" key like you are hanging up on a call to return to the main screen.
7) Press down on the D-pad to select the main menu.
😎 Press the 0 (zero) key to select "Tools".
9) Press the 2 key for Bluetooth.
10) Press 4 to add a new device.
11) Press 3 for a new phone. (The device immediately goes into search mode for about 10 seconds).
12) After about 10 Seconds (if there is a device it should find it) press the D-pad to select "OK".
13) It will ask for you to enter a numeric PIN and press ok. (I recommend something easy like 1234).
14) Enter the numeric PIN on the other device to complete the paring.
15) Press the left soft key to select done. (The soft key is the one above the "talk" button).
16) After a few seconds press the left soft key again to select "Send".
17) Press the 1 key to Send Contacts.
18) Press the Right soft key for "Options". (That's the one above the "end" key).
19) Press 1 to select all contacts. (Depending on how many contacts you have you might want to give it some time, 10 seconds should be enough though).
20) After all the contacts are selected press the left soft key to send contacts.
21) It displays a message saying make sure "name of device" is ready to receive and press send.
22) Press the Left soft key to send the contacts.
Again, depending on how many contacts you have this part could take a bit. Hope this was helpful.
If the Bluetooth steps do not work, the store should be able to transfer the phone numbers to another phone or print them out. As long as the phone turns on, they can retrieve the numbers.