cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Seek isn't sending pictures

Highlighted
Patron

Hi all. I purchased a new Samsung Seek a few days ago and signed a new contract (450 minutes with unlimited text/picture/video). I played with the phone a bit in the store to look at the interface and was pleased with it, and the salesperson mentioned how nice it was going to be to send pictures and videos with it. Needless to say, I was disappointed when I got home with it and saw that the phone isn't even capable of doing anything with videos. Well, no big deal, I'll live. That was my fault for not looking at the video capabilities on it. I was just get excited to have a new phone number and phone.

But I can't even send pictures! I can make calls and receive them, and I can text just fine, but when I try to send a picture, it just says "fail". I've done all the updates on the phone, and I've tried different ways of sending pictures and different size pictures, but I still get just a generic "fail" message. No reason is given why it failed.

I am very unhappy, and I would like to fix this if anyone has any solutions. I don't mind going back to the store if I need to if that will fix it. If I can't get it fixed, I'd like to get on a different plan, since it seems silly to pay for things I can't even use.

10 REPLIES 10
Patron

Re: Samsung Seek isn't sending pictures

Well, I'm having problems with calling people too, so I think I am just going to return the phone altogether tomorrow and hope that the people at the store can hook me up with something better than the Samsung Seek without draining my pockets.

Journeyman

I couldnt send pics either and just assumed it was the new place I moved into I think it was a network thing, bc it passed and all is fine with the Seek.

**fingers crossed typing this doesnt cause a recourse...LOL**

Journeyman

I just bought the seek  2 weks ago and cannot send pictures nor recieve them. Never had this problem with any of my old phonesnand the seek is the newest phone ive ever had. Maybe we need to stick wit the old ones.

Journeyman

I can't get pictures on my Seek. I've had it for a few months now and I have the Everything Messaging plan (just upgraded to the Everything Data plan), and still am unable to recieve pictures on my phone. It will "retrieve" the message and when it reaches 100% it says - "Failed to retrieve a message." My plan lets me recieve pictures, but the phone won't get them. I'm upgrading to the HTC Evo Shift anyway, so hopefully I will get pictures then.

Journeyman

I was just having the same issue.  I couldnt receive last night not sure if i am able to today but this morning i was not able to send pics.  I turned the phone off and back on and the pic sent right away.  See if this works?

Master

amandanmorelli. Make sure that you've data access on the phone. Power cycle the phone should help and also I would suggest you to update the profile(settings-data-update profile or tools-data-update profile).let me know.

Hope this helps

Abe

Journeyman

I've gone through this. Actually I've gone in circles with Sprint regarding this. You see, to me, when I have Text/Picture/Video, I shouldn't have to do additional steps to have Data access. Well I went through it all, first a rep turned OFF my Data access after I started receiving additional charges for picture texts because my Seek was "connecting to the internet" when I didn't have a Data Plan.

Can ANYONE at Sprint tell me why they offer the Text/Picture/Video option for phones when apparently that's not what it is (according to the reps I spoke with).

- I have to have Data Access enabled on my plan.

- A Text/Picture/Video plan does NOT  mean you can send pictures under the umbrella of what you're paying for the plan, because your seek will force you to connect to the internet to send a picture - Something which is not covered by your plan.

Your best bet is to try another phone or a more honest carrier.

Journeyman

I am going through the same issues. I used to be able to receive and send pictures, but two weeks ago my phone simply stopped doing it. It either stays at 0% when sending a picture or reads (preparing) when I try to view a picture I received. What is the deal here, Sprint?

Wizard

kunikotachi,

I apologize for the inability for you to send/receive pictures. Do you know if you have data access on your phone? Also have you tried to update your profile and powercycle your phone?

Markie_B

Journeyman

Markie_B, Note that kunikotachi said "used to be able to receive and send pictures, but two weeks ago my phone simply stopped doing it". I have the same issue on a different timeframe... photos were being sent via messaging or email just fine until the afternoon of July 22nd! Since then... neither works. I made no changes that day, and my ICS upgrade happened about a week prior to that. I won't go into how many issues that caused.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat