cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Seek missing text history

Highlighted

Samsung Seek missing text history

I've seen some other similar issues posted here, but not this specific one.  I recently noticed that my text history seems to be deleting and I now have only about a month of history available.  I've had the phone since June, so there should be A LOT more history.  I still have available memory in the phone, so that shouldn't be the cause.

For example, specifically, I can scroll through a threaded text history with one person, and there is a picture message I sent from the beginning of October, then the next message is dated at the end of the month, but I know we texted in between.  There is nothing older than the message from the beginning of October, but there should be 3 months of history before that.

I'm curious if anyone else has had this specific problem, of text history being deleted.  I haven't been able to find anything about a time limit for storing texts in the phone, but I wondered if that was what's going on.  However, there is one random text in my history from July that is still visible, so it seems unlikely it's a time limit issue...

Any help would be appreciated!  At the least, I'm going to take my phone into a store and have a technician look at it.  At this point, I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the phone itself but I would appreciate any other suggestions.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat