cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung email clarification for trade ins.

Highlighted
Master

Samsung email clarification for trade ins.

I got this email from Samsung that clarifies the trade in program: 

Details for Sprint customers

Thank you for being a loyal Note customer and for your recent Note8 purchase. We’re glad you were able to take advantage of the special $425 Trade-In offer we extended only to former Note7 owners and want to take this opportunity to make sure you’re fully aware of the promotion details. We have worked with Sprint to provide the below clarification:

Please note that the $425 trade-in promotion from Samsung is not an offer from Sprint and it is not combinable with any other Sprint offers. The offer requires trade-in of your current device and does not excuse you from any current contractual equipment installment billing, 2-year contract or lease payment obligation due to Sprint.

Here are a few things to keep in mind if you have a current device agreement or your Sprint services are cancelled:

• If you are leasing your current device: The remaining monthly payments in your lease agreement will become due. And, since a leased phone belongs to Sprint, you’ll have to return or purchase it. Upon cancellation, one of the following would need to be done:
    • Pay the purchase option price to own the phone (refer to your lease agreement for details).
    • Return the leased phone to Sprint. Go to sprint.com/leasereturn for easy instructions. If you were charged the purchase option amount, it will be credited to your account once the phone is received with locks disabled and in good working condition.
  • If you currently have monthly installments billed: The remaining unpaid monthly payments will become due.
  • If you purchased via 2-year contract: An early termination fee may be applied.

We recommend that you use your My Sprint Mobile app to review your device agreement details or go to sprint.com/mysprint and sign in to view your documents online and assess what options you have available.

FAQ’s

1. Can I combine this offer from Samsung with my Sprint National Note8 Pre order offer?
    • No, this is an offer directly from Samsung and Sprint customers who take it may be subject to early termination fees associated with trading in their Sprint device to Samsung.
  2. What if I purchased a Note8 from Samsung and received the $425 trade-in value but decided I would rather get the Sprint National offer?
    • You would need to cancel your order or return your Note8, and any free product associated with your order, to Samsung. 
      To cancel or return your order, please log into your Samsung Account and view Orders: 
      If your order has not shipped, click the Cancel link. If you have received your order, please click the Return link. 
      If you need assistance, please have your order number ready and call 1-855-SAM-USA1.
  3. How can I find out what I owe on my Installment Bill or Lease contract?
    • Customers can access their “MySprint” app (iPhone users will need to download from App Store) or they can log into their MySprint Account online to see their current monthly charges and payoff.
  4. Why do I need to pay off my contractual obligations if Samsung is offering this trade-in offer?
    • This trade-in offer is not affiliated with Sprint and is Samsung specific. Sprint customers are subject to the terms of their financial contracts with Sprint and any associated early termination fees.
  5. I’m receiving a BOGO credit for my current devices. What happens if I turn one phone in to Samsung?
    • If you turn in one of your devices tied to the BOGO promotion, you will lose the monthly bill credit you are receiving.

Thank you,
Samsung Customer Care

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung email clarification for trade ins.

Wwell I am on a 2 year contract with a S7E and recently purchased a iPhone to trade in.  I figured I'd get the Note 8, trade in the iPhone and then sell the S7E since it's not a lease and I plan on continuing my contract. 

Anyone see issues with this because I already pre-ordered the phone through Samsung.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

slowrey, by getting another phone when you currently have a 2 year agreement, an early termination fee may apply. Did you buy the Note 8 at the full price or via a monthly agreement? Please send me a Private Message, just click on my name and select "Send a Message" so we can take a look at your account. Include your name, phone number and account PIN.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Carlos, I purchased it full price.
Highlighted
Master

slowrey, I see you already sent us a private message. We can continue our conversation offline. See you there!

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Did the CEO of Sprint lie to the public when he said that you could trade-in your Note 7 to any device ? No one at the Sprint number seems to know this, and the stores won't even talk about it. The letter had no expiration date on it. I know the CEO wouldn't lie. Why won't Sprint trade me for a Note 8 ? I am getting my information together to write the CSPC due to Sprint will not honor what Sprint said they would do. I really would rather not go through the hassle.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello speedbugy, we would like to review your case. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat