cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy S2?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung galaxy S2?

I recently upgraded from a Evo 4g to an iphone 4, however, I could not get use to it, especially the screen size. Needless to say, I returned it for the S2. I read a lot of reviews on the S2 stating it was lightening fast, however, I'm not seeing it. First of all, when I;m at work, I have none or minimal signal bars. I should mention that I believe I;m between two towers. Also, I failed to mention my model-SPH-D710 and version 2.3.6.  Just out of curiosity, I downloaded a speed test app on my S2 and my wife's iphone 4. I ran the test on both phones using the same tower and the results were surprising. My results ranged from 0,02Mbps - 0.60Mbps.  The results for my wife;s iphone 4 were avg. 9.0mbps.  So, I;m faced with the dilema, do I return the S2 and replace with iphone 4s? Your thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I need to decide before this weekend, when my 30 days is up. Thanks!!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Master

Re: Samsung galaxy S2?

First I would suggest more than one test to give a better sample rate. The other thing is if you can provide an address near you we can see what is occurring in the area and/or determine if you are on a line between towers.

Do you do more messaging of browsing on your device. Are there items in the software of the devices that you like or dislike or is speed the only factor you are looking at. Speed will vary depending on location and I probably use wi-fi over half the time I am using data so take that into consideration.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung galaxy S2?

I have conducted approximately 15 speed test. The zip code I'm mostly in is 32935, 32937. I have 2 other phones (1-iphone 4 and 1-iphone 4s) on the plan as well and they don't experience these problems. As for the way I utilize the phone, I would have to say 40% text, 30% phone, and 30% browsing. I am most concerned with the speed, as I mentioned, I read numerous articles bosating how wicked fast the phone was, however, have yet to see. also, I only have till this weekend to make a decision. The other question I have is why is my wife's iphone 4 and son's iphone 4s recording much faster speed test in the same areas? Soooooo confused. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat