cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy note 2 error #67

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung galaxy note 2 error #67

Anybody know how I can fix this data error that keeps popping up?  It says something about data username and password may be incorrect...thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

Sorry for the inconvenience. Error 67 relates to user profile(username and password) issue. I would suggest you to  power cycle, turn off Wi-Fi and then update data profile(On device press Home button. Tap Menu. Tap Settings. Scroll up and tap System Update. Then tap Update Profile). Let me know.

Thanks

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

i had the same problem when i first got mine.

My problem was that my evo lte screen was cracked and still on, still hooked up to the network.

Since it was cracked i couldnt unlock the phone and shut the phone off or pull the battery and since my evo was still hooked up to the newtwork,it prevented the note from properly connecting to the network data wise

what i ended up doing is pulling the battery in the note and holding the power button till the evo shut off and then powered the note back up and have had a problem since.

before i did all that i called sprint and spent about an hour trying to figure things out but according to them on their end there wasn't a problem but I knew that if i was able to shut the evo off the problem would go away and it did

Highlighted
Master

You're right. You cannot have Data services going on 2 devices with one assigned phone number. You've to turn off your previous device to complete network provisioning on the new device.

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem.  When I follow your instructions, I receive an error saying "Mobile data not available".

Highlighted
Wizard

Hi Billenglish61

I am sorry to hear you are getting error #67. Just to confirm you are trying to activate your new smart phone? If you activating your phone directly from www.sprint.com/activate, we suggest that you remove the battery from your old device first. Once the battery is removed, you can then update your device by typing in your new ESN or DEC number. Once you complete the swap, you can then turn your device on and you should be prompted to complete the hands free activation steps.

If you have already swapped to the new device and you are getting error #67,  turn both devices off. Completely remove the battery from your old device. Then turn on the new device. If your aren’t prompted for hands free activation, try to complete a updated profile. If you are using the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 update your profile by completing the following steps; Press MENU>>SETTINGS>>SYSTEM UPDATE>>UPDATE PROFILE.

Please let me know if that resolves your issue.

Thanks for your Community Post.

Yahkie W.

Social Media Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am getting the same error as billenglish, and my phone has been activated for months now. Just today (which happens to be day 1 of my billing cycle, but I am totally up on payments) my phone stopped sending texts. When i reboot the phone it gives me the error #67 message and when I go to do a profile update it says mobile data not available. A few minutes ago when i tried, the 3g symbol popped up but it went away as soon as the profile updated and now it isn't connecting to data at all. I have updated the profile using wifi, then when i turn wifi back off i still get the same error message. Any tips?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat