cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy s2 power button malfunctioning

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung galaxy s2 power button malfunctioning

I have a Samsung galaxy s2 and the power button has started malfunctioning. If you lightly touch it the screen turns on or off causing the battery to drain quickly when it's in my pocket. The rest of the phone is also starting to malfunction. The menu will randomly pop up when I'm using my phone. Anyone know how to fix this, I don't have the money for a new phone

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Samsung galaxy s2 power button malfunctioning

marcypine - Oh my! Sorry that you are having this issue. We all want and need dependable cellular devices. Let us check into this further and find the best option. Please private message us with your pin or answer to the security question, your cell number, and a link to this post or inquiry. Let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

- Sheila
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Where do I go to send a private message

Highlighted
Master

marcypin, I am glad that you asked! To private message click on the "Home" tab at the top of the community page. Next, scroll down on the home page, and you will see the heading "Important info!" towards the bottom right-hand side of the screen. Under the "Important info!" heading, click on the link that says "Contacting Social Care". In the context on the following page, click on the hyperlink that says "private message". Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. *Sheila Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry to hear but this is typically a board level issue, meaning that the device would need to be replaced. Most repair centers do not have the correct equipment to be able to repair this because it would involve soldering delicate areas of the motherboard.

This is, unfortunately, becoming a common issue for these devices.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat