cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung s8 preorder gear vr

Journeyman

Samsung s8 preorder gear vr

I preordered on April 2nd and received it on April 20th when I promptly submitted my request for fully submersive vr gift bundle. Samsung denied me because "purchase not within promo period". I tried calling samsung customer service but after two and a half hours on hold I was disconnected. Resubmitted, denied again. Contacted sprint, they checked my acct., and said i was qualified for the vr bundle gift and the problem was on Samsung's end, and that I should try to resubmit. So i tried to resubmit again but it wouldnt let me because I had already submitted (and been denied). So now I'm angry and just want to return the phone due to deceptive advertising and nonexistent customer service, as well as a 14 day satisfaction guarantee. I'm definitely not satisfied. I'm trying to get a return kit and end this fiasco.
3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Samsung s8 preorder gear vr

Well first I would not return the phone due to a Promo it's never about the promo and people are not useing a Promo. But that's your call...  Second since you said your Pre-Order the device then when Sprint sent you the phone it should have had a packaing slip in it showing when you placed your order so forth.  So frist I would make sure to register the device with Samsung which means you must have a Samsung Account. Second go back to the promo page login with your Samsung Account then follow the instructions to put in your IMIE # as well as I think it will ask for Wifi Mac then there should be a button to upload a copy of your order form that came in the box when Sprint sent the device to you. As long as you have the paperwork and sumit it to them they should accepet it. I know there was a day or two Samsung site was acking on the promotion page probably due to so many people summiting things. Either way if you pre-order they should accept it. 

Side note they have this now on the promo page..  You have until May 14th 2017 to register. 

Journeyman

Thank you for your input, but my first attempt was with the packing slip, second attempt with a sales receipt. I gave them the imei I and mac, everything was there in good order. The denial made no sense. and I didn't buy the s8 for the promo, but it was promised. Samsung decided to not honor their word. After a week of trying to fix the problem that is their fault, trying everything from fruitless chats to the endless roulette of customer service, I realize that samsung wont be there to help when a bigger issue arises with their phone.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same.  I ordered, and paid cash for 2 new GS8 sets. Registered both successfully with Samsung. Got confirmation codes. NEVER received VR Sets.

Purchased 3/30/17, registered both on 4/1/17.

I have repeatedly contacted Sprint and Samsung. Samsung tells me that they see the successful registrations.

Please wait 6-8 weeks for shipment....

Please wait 10-12 weeks for delivery....

Please wait 12-16 weeks for delivery.....

I believe that the VR (a major reason I bought the phone) will never be sent and Samsung / Sprint are fraudulent.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat