cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the Samsung Moment be working on 3G in Houston?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Should the Samsung Moment be working on 3G in Houston?

Should the Moment reflect the detection of 3G network? I have an EV icon on the top bar. I live at the intersection of West I-10 and 610. Also should the phone work with 4G speeds in Dallas and Austin? I'm enjoying the phone but am experiencing the same battery issues posted elsewhere on forums.

Thanks,

David

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Should the Samsung Moment be working on 3G in Houston?

DavidAG92 wrote:

Should the Moment reflect the detection of 3G network? I have an EV icon on the top bar. I live at the intersection of West I-10 and 610. Also should the phone work with 4G speeds in Dallas and Austin? I'm enjoying the phone but am experiencing the same battery issues posted elsewhere on forums.

Thanks,

David

Samsung Moment will only work on 3G and not 4G

Journeyman

So, that seems helpful. What should be the indication on my screen that 3G is alive and well, performing correctly?

DavidAG92 wrote:

So, that seems helpful. What should be the indication on my screen that 3G is alive and well, performing correctly?

if you see a 1x in your display then you are connected to sprint 3G Network.

Master

VorlessDarkChaos wrote:

DavidAG92 wrote:

if you see a 1x in your display then you are connected to sprint 3G Network.

Technically correct.

1x refers to the 1xRTT network. 1xRTT is considered to be more of a 2.75G network by many rather than a full 3G network technology.

Ev refers to the EvDO (Both Rev. 0 and Rev. A) network. EvDO is a true third generation network technology.

If you have an Ev icon you are connected to a fast 3G network. 1x will be substantially slower.

The Samsung Moment is not a WiMax 4G capable device.

Journeyman

thank you very much.

David

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat