cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software upgrade issues with Samsung Exclaim

Patron

Software upgrade issues with Samsung Exclaim

Ok so I clicked on my phone to upgrade firmware and it did. It says "New software is ready to be installed. Samsung Model M550 software upgrade from CG21 to CL03 and test the 100 character limit of descriptor. You will not be able to make or recieve calls...blah blah blah." So I click install and it says software update "error 8506 could not be installed."

Does anyone know what's causing this issue?

23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Software upgrade issues with Samsung Exclaim

I have been having the same problems myself.

Its come down to the point now where I clear my Cache and It isnt working now. I can only receive around 5 texts before it wont allow me to recieve anymore. I have become very aggrivated with my phone and Sprint. I mean how long does it take just to come up with a update to fix these problems?

Highlighted
Patron

Hmm have you tried going onto the phone's web browser and clicking on Toolbar, then go to options, clear private date, and check all the boxes and clear them from there? I use to just clear them on the settings option where it says browser and erase the rest on the security section but then that stopped working for me until I called Sprint and they told me to also clear it on the web browser.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have cleared the Cache and everything in the Web browser options. Still I have to delete every text message I get in because of this memory problem.

As for the Cl03 firmware update and trying to do that, Iam still having troubles. Everytime It tells me some error code and to contact Sprint..... FAIL of 2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Patron

Oh well I contacted Sprint today and they couldn't do anything about the Error code. They told me to take it to the Sprint store so I'll probably go tomorrow. I just hate going because I've already been there sooooo many times so I'm sure the employees there are already tired of seeing my face.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I installed without problem., but want to know what was fixed

Highlighted
Patron

Nothing has been fixed at the moment. I need to take it to the Sprint store so they can check out what's causing this problem. I'll go today hopefully.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, it fixes some things: "This update eliminates the "00 Msg slots left..." error message that sometimes occurred even when the Text Message inbox was not full. This update also fixes the issue in which SMS text messages became corrupted when the phone was in Landscape Mode." from Sprint page.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I went to try the update again this morning and it is now saying that there is no firmware update available. But my version of my phone is still the old version.

Highlighted
Patron

Oh ok.

Highlighted
Patron

Yeah I did the same thing too right now and it gives me the same thing. No firmware update available.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe your phone downloaded already but not installed yet. The update server think your phone is updated already. Try to reset the pgone

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat