Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint S9+ vs AT&T S9+ Battery Life

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint S9+ vs AT&T S9+ Battery Life

Screenshot_20180710-130108_Device maintenance.jpg

Took a screenshot of my battery life when fully charged. As you can see, it's at 15 hours. This is pretty impressive until you consider that the exact same device on AT&T has a battery life of over 26 hours with the "Power Saving Mode" turned completely off. By the way, on the AT&T S9+, that's when the Device is at 85%-87%.

Needless to say, it's rather disturbing to me that there is such a drastic difference when they are the same exact device, just different carriers. Can anyone answer for me why this is the case? Please help me understand. I spent my hard earned money same [amount] as the AT&T customer, but they seem to be getting way better services and features. Why is that?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Sprint S9+ vs AT&T S9+ Battery Life

There are a lot of things that can lead to the difference in battery life. There may be apps that are carrier dedicated that is pulling more power from you than them. With a quick look at that screenshot, you have a lot of notifications. This usually means a lot of open and running apps. I recommend logging out of Facebook when not in use. Also, the use of vibration over a ringing phone will drain the battery faster. Your Bluetooth is also on, is your visibility on or are you just using it for headphones? Are you using a special app to get that font, or is that a theme? You can click that battery usage button to see what is draining the battery the most.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Thanks for the quick reply... Just to let you know, my battery life was that low when I first purchased the phone...
Wizard

According to my research it does show it should have 31 or more hours of battery life. At this point I think it may be a defective battery. I suggest calling Samsung and seeing what troubleshooting they may have for this. Potentially a new battery from them may be needed.

Penguin
Social Care Rockstar
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are Welcome
Journeyman

Can you tell me where you did your research showing that it should be 31 hours or more? I would like to have it to prove my case. 

However, don't you think that Sprint should be providing that troubleshooting and, if need be, providing the replacement battery? Samsung will try to charge me for a detect that is their fault and will have a bunch of bureaucratic nonsense the use to justify it. 

GrandMaster

the device is under a manufacturers warranty for more than likely a year..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat