cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint SPH-L170 Broken Screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint SPH-L170 Broken Screen

So, I'm on my 2nd SPH-L170 phone from Samsung, otherwise known as the Galaxy 3.  The first time to no avail, I went to Asurion for replacement.. Paid my $100 and got another one.

The screen on the first phone cracked within the first 7 days.  Didn't drop it.  Just cracked.  I suggested manufacturers defect etc, but you never know.. maybe I didn't handle it delicately enough?  Maybe I should have carried the phone around wrapped in Bubble Wrap?  Not sure.. But I can tell you my wife's Iphone 4s has been through drop after drop after drop and hey... it works perfectly..

And of course I have a Case surrounding my Galaxy 3 that was recommended by the Sprint Store representative to essentially keep the phone from having a cracked Screen..  But, of course it broke.

Now, yet again, my Assurion Replacement phone cracked in front of my VERY eyes this morning.  I pushed the HOME button at the bottom of the screen and guess what happened.. It cracked.  Take a look at it.. It's awesome... Maybe I'm not supposed to push the ONE button on the Front Screen?  Is it there for decoration?  Maybe I should have had the phone in the Google Voice mode where you talk to it and never touch the front of the screen?  Don't know.. but I do know one this so far.. Spoke to 3 Sprint representatives and they told me to go fly a Kite.. They are not standing behind the Products they are distributing.. Then I said to each Sprint Rep including a Team Leader and a Supervisor in location B56 by the name of Jason, that I googled my device model and found numerous complaints around the same issue.  Guess what Sprint.. there are a lot of people out there with the same problem.. Stand behind the products you are distributing or don't sell them.  I'm going to keep the links off this post for now.. Maybe Sprint will read my post and consider standing behind this.. if Not, I'm going to copy at least 3 of the links that show this problem happens a lot and that the screen is breaking/cracking essentially all by itslef because the users (me included) are not carrying around our Galaxy S3 in bubble wrap.. And I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't fix the problem either.

Apple stands behind their products.. Verizon (a friend of mine has Verizon Platinum support and the same issue and Verizon simply replaced the phone, no questions asked)... Should we swithc to a carrier that cares?

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

SPRINT IS A MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY THAT HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE PERIOD!!!! THIS IS REDICULOUS, REPLACE THE MANS PHONE AND MOVE ON SPRINT. CUSTOMERS TALK AND YOU WILL LOSE SOME...REMEMBER THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT IF YOU WANT TO STAY IN BUSINESS.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So if you buy a Samsung TV from Best Buy, and 30 days later it breaks, do you think it's Best Buy's responsibility to replace it?  Or Samsung, under the manufacturer's warranty?  I can assure you it's not Best Buy's responsibility, it's Samsung's.

Sprint is a resller of Samsung devices, just like Best Buy. It's Samsung's responsibility to warrant their product, not the reseller. Have you attempted to contact Samsung?  They have more responsibility than Sprint does.

As far as Apple, given the number of people I've seen talking on iPhones with cracked screens, I don't think you'd have much more luck with Apple in this case. When my son's iTouch failed, tkhe first thing they did was look for water damage, then any other excuse to not have to cover it.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat