cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint will begin roll out of Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich to customers in 2012

Journeyman

Re: Sprint will begin roll out of Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich to customers in 2012

how the heck is evo 3D getting the ICS update before the galaxy2??? That is really ridicalous cause i gave up my 3d for the SUPPOSEABLY BETTER SAMSUNG GALAXY 2 which NOW IM SOOO DAM PISSED OVER THAT....DO ANYONE KNOW WHEN SLACKER SPRINT/SAMSUNG WILL UPDATE TO ICS????? THE G3 WILL BE OUT IN VERY FEW WEEKS YET SPRINT IS THE ONLY COMPANY THAT HAS NOT UPDATED THEIR G2 TO ICS???WHATS THE DAM HOLD UP....AT&T AND VERIZON ARE OFFERING GREAT FONES AND NOW I THINK I MIGHT JUST SWITCH AFTER 9 YRS WITH SPRINT....UGHHH IM SOOO TIRED OF WAITING AND HEARING THIS COMPANY AND THAT COMPANY UPDATED TO ICS....WHAT HAPPENED SPRINT??????U JUST DONT CARE??? WHEN AND WHAT....

Journeyman

Re: Sprint will begin roll out of Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich to customers in 2012

I found out that our phone might get it 4th quater this year. It was pushed back since the merger of Google/Motorola Mobility was push back.

Journeyman

ChillinMoPho, where did you find about the 4th quarter plan for Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch (SPH-d710) upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich?

Journeyman

I'm still guessing about two weeks. The developers at XDA-Developers.com have stopped releasing every single leak that comes out. Why continue working on leaks if the OTA is right around the corner? There's lots of information to be had at XDA, I've found the site very reliable. And in the case of the D710, which I use, it's been rooted and on ICS for some time.

Late edit: Note, I never intended to state that XDA or any of it's members had actual information regarding upgrade dates. What you MIGHT find regarding any given phone, is the progress and bugs related to any leaked releases. I apologize if possibly the above comment was misunderstood. I would never intentionally misrepresent the ability of the developer community there.

Journeyman

I call BS, XDA is more reliable than this forum

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=26769982&postcount=6673

Journeyman

This was in reference to the Motorola Photon 4G. Got this update from CNET just the other week.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

It may be fair to mention that XDA developers has an entirely different goal than we do in this forum. Their aim is for developer/tester relationships. Our goal here is to support our customers. this means that more testing, and revising is necessary before we can consider passing along a release candidate from a manufacturer to you.

Journeyman

Today I called Sprint, I need android 4.0 to run a program from my Galaxy s2 for my job. Sprint tells me, I need to send you to Samsung they do the upgrades. I call samsung and get why are you calling us you need to talk to Sprint!. Now I got 5 Galaxy S2 phones under 2 accounts to find out 2 months later the Galaxy S3 are coming out WTH! How about a date on when the ICS 4.0 will be updated for the Galaxy S2? T-mobile is June 11, 2012 for Galaxy S2 ICS...

I think us Sprint users should get together all around the world as a group! pick a date show up at your sprint stores together and make them tell us whats going on with 4G and yes the ICS update!.. I am 100% real about doing this. We need to take a stand one person alone they don't care! a few million, eyes start to open and the news will show up. Lets do this!

Journeyman

I concur. I have several lines and am looking forward to the OTA as well. I've been optimistic, and have spoken positively about this, but honestly I would see it as a slap in the face if Sprint didn't have the rollout begin at or very near T-Mobile's date. The release of the S3 will possibly create some churn in the marketplace. It's really up to the powers-to-be whether or not the delay is a concern. We shall see.

Sprint Employee

As mentioned in this discussion the ICS update is in the works. The employees in the store, and on the phone have no control what so ever in when this update is released, and only know that so far samsung, and HTC have committed to ICS update on certain models. I don't like reading that our support told you to call samsung for a software update that hasn't even been made available yet. If you would like to go into greater detail you are welcome to send me a private message. Thank you, Chris

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.