cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint will begin roll out of Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich to customers in 2012

Journeyman

Re: Sprint will begin roll out of Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich to customers in 2012

I have just got off the phone with Sprint tech support and they confirmed that Samsung Galaxy S2 will get Android Ice-Cream Sandwich upgrade the end of Summer, most likely end of July - beginning of August. So another month or two.

Journeyman

Re: Sprint will begin roll out of Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich to customers in 2012

I hate the fact that we have to wait because supposedly sprint was the best company out and. Now I feel that they don't care about their customers otherwise they would of made some type of announcement about this update...I have been with sprint for more than 7years and I will have to go to tmobile because they have more concerns about how their customers react.. Sprint is the only company that don't have ics on their galaxy 2 phone and it really pisses me off...tmobile, Verizon and att are offering me some great deals and if sprint can't update really soon or give me early upgrade so I can get the nexus or g3 than I am definitely going else where....please inform me when or if...

Journeyman

If sprint can't help me with either getting an early upgrade or reduce fee so I can get the nexus or g3 than I am definitely going to another company..tmobile, Verizon and att are offering me the best fones and great deals..please inform me what can be done because I really don't want to leave but I have no choice...sprint has really gone down the drain and I am tired..

Journeyman

I'm kicking myself in the A** right now, b/c my brother  told me not to  leave T Mobile! We both have SGS2s. His is T Mobile,and I have sprint. Guess what his phone has that my phone does not. I'm playing with his phone now with official update. Not one bug or glitch found. It's not missing a beat. Nice!

Journeyman

I bought the Galaxy II in December. I was promised ICS within 45 days. 1st Sprint lie.  NOW no one at Sprint can say they know ANYTHING other that it is "coming soon" . Now its June and SPRINT is still pretending they know nothing.  I have spoken to people at Samsung. They have all explained to me that Sprint has had ICS for a long time and has just been sitting on it refusing to admit they have it and refusing to roll it out. Sprint?

Journeyman

DB,

As others have pointed out and I have come to the conclusion as well is that sprint is simply holding out until the SG3 comes out so they can get up some sells from all SG2 owners going to that new phone. To them silence is golden and most will simply toe the line. Its always been that way with them. ITs funny how all other carriers can give time lines on ICS but this one. I know Verizon was a little skitchey abotu 4.04 for Galaxy nexus but that phone came with ICS so i didnt include it.

Its like the customer service people are kept completly in the dark which i dont buy. Im sure they have meetings with Product managers and are given some indication as what is coming and going.

E

Sprint Employee

Hello FRST, When the update in January was released some users reported problems with GPS not able to lock, and locking, but giving incorrect location. This was reported for investigation, but was never confirmed as something that could be duplicated, or documented as a known issue. If you have not modified your phone’s software, and the problem persists beyond resetting it, and you know what conditions will allow the problem to be duplicated you may want to have a service & repair technician inspect the phone, and document it for the developers. I also have to tell you that the People responsible for designing and implementing software updates don’t post here, at least that I’m aware of.

No longer working Community Response.
Sprint Employee

Hello Grishkin, at this time we have not announced a timeline for the software update’s release, only to which models we anticipate updates for. As soon as we have announced a timeline it will be posted here in the community.

Sprint Employee

Hello MARIABX485, This software update’s release timing has no weight on how much we care about you. Simply put we do not announce a release date before we have a successfully tested release candidate because in the past there were too many problems with complaints if a timeline could not be kept with. I Would really enjoy knowing when I’ll have the update for my Evo 3D, but if I want it OTA, From Sprint, I will have to wait until they have a ROM to release, and they make the announcement. At this time I have no way to provide an Early upgrade discount. I welcome a private message from you if you would like to discuss it further.

Sprint Employee

Dancingbear13, I’m not aware where we have ever announced an update timeline for ICS. As far as I’m aware if Ice Cream Sandwich has arrived, it has been for testing, and once a suitable revision of ICS has been successfully tested it will be announced, then released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ya but you dont want t mobile. the service is terrible.

Journeyman

I hope so. The vague response I received from customer service just tells me ICS is not available. I'm disappointed that every other carrier has this update already available weeks to months agho but I'm still waiting here wondering if I should just root my phone. It would be nice if we could get some kind of update or estimate on when this is going to happen.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat