cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint will begin roll out of Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich to customers in 2012

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint will begin roll out of Android™ Ice Cream Sandwich to customers in 2012

Sprint will begin to roll out Google's latest version of Android™, Ice Cream Sandwich, to our customers in 2012. Ice Cream Sandwich will be available via an over-the-air update to a variety of devices including Galaxy™ S II, Epic™ 4G Touch and Nexus S™ and other key products in our line-up. Stay tuned for more details and exact timing.

- announced today in Sprint News blog

170 REPLIES 170
Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no ICS?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Understood RC1029, but i am still crossing my fingers for the 12th! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung just released source code today for the FF18 build, by all indications it would seem that OTA is imminent.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just wanted to say for all, take this as an experience for your next phone purchase and just get a Nexus device. No reason to worry about all this BS.

No point on having a phone that's a bit faster if you can't get all the features.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still no ICS for the EVO 3D? Can't wait for my contract to expire to say goodbye to this greedy company!

Highlighted
Journeyman

ICS source dropped for the Epic 4g Touch today on Samsung's site.  This seems to support the leaked screenshot of a memo indicating it will be announced tomorrow.  (Originally reported by AndroidCentral)

Don't want to wait?  Source confirms release will be FF18 - this is already available on XDA.  (Disclaimer: Build is unofficial until Sprint officially announces the release - but it is the stock build provided for internal testing.)

Highlighted
Journeyman

My update came in this morning for my Epic Touch. Update was smooth and easy. Took very little time.  It is ICS 4.0.4, even better!  Wish u all well

Highlighted
Journeyman

If this is true then I am anxiously awaiting my update, hopefully, within the next week. This is quite an exciting post to read.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There are blog and article comments stating that some users have received ICS 4.0.4 and there were no problems with the update. So, perhaps our time is now? My personal experience is that when I click Settings > About Phone > Update Firmware, the device takes more time than usual to its thing. Instead of a near near instantious "No Firmware update is available". it take a markedly longer period to return an error that it cannot complete the firmware download. So maybe there is some truth to this?

UPDATE: 1:07PM CDT: Even Samsung has scooped Sprint. Check it out: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/SupportOwnersFAQPopup.do?faq_id=FAQ00046726&fm_seq=49755

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well that note was BS, it's July 22 and no OTA to 4.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So my Galaxy S II offered the update relentlessly for a few days and i didn't have time to download and turn my phone off to install it, as I only got the upgrade offer when I was busy with the phone.  NOW, it is no longer offering the update and when I try to initiate it manually (Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Update Android), I get the message that my system is currently up to date.  However, About Phone shows I am running ver 2.3.6 Gingerbread.  What can I do?

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Hello AustinSue, in most cases if you reject the update during the initial phase of the release you may not be able to casually update until the update cycle has been run. so it may be a few more weeks.

No longer working Community Response.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat