cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint will not unlock my phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint will not unlock my phone

I recently moved to an area where Sprint has no coverage (which is just about everywhere). I have been trying to have my Note 8 unlocked but have been lied to multiple times about this getting done. First off the customer service for Sprint is the worst of any company I have dealt with ever. I have been mocked, told not to call  back and like I said lied to. My phone has met all the qualifications to be unlocked and yet it is still not. Last night I was told my phone would be unlocked within the hour. This is around 9:17 pm eastern. Got up this morning still not unlocked. I have tried to talk to supervisors and even though I was told I was talking to one last night I still believe I have not. No one will help us with this . Sadly it should have just been as easy as a few clicks of a button but this is what Sprint wants.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hey I can help with this. I'll need the IMEI of your phone to check on that unlock status. Please send me a PM with that, your name, phone number and account PIN. Let's get this straightened out for you.

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted
Master

Keep in mind, if you are no longer with Sprint, chances are you have no Sprint service (I hope I'm correct).
When they send the unlock push for your IMEI, it will not take it OTA but you have to manually go under settings and do a profile update while under a good WiFi connection. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE OLD SPRINT SIM INSERTED FOR THOSE PROCEDURES.
Make sure you turn your phone off and switch the SIM to the Sprint one and power the phone back up, perform the above steps and you should get a unlock process popup and your phone should reboot.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat