cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Svc cannot be used currently message on my M320 Samsung

Highlighted
Journeyman

Svc cannot be used currently message on my M320 Samsung

I'm getting a " Svc cannot be used currently " message when I try to call out, send a  text message, and check my voicemail. My signal isn't too bad, and my bill is paid up. Why is my phone not functioning? This is on a M320 Samsung

This is in Orange Park, FL 32073

Thank You

Message was edited by: chickymamma1000

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm getting that too.  No one knows why??

Highlighted
Journeyman

elioh,

Thanks for posting, are you also in Orange Park, Fl or a different part of the country? Trying to figure this out for you and chickymamma1000.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  Showing 5 bars, in Sprint network, but when attempt to call out, get message, "Service cannot be used currently."  (I use phone service only - no data plan.). Also frequent dropped calls when I do get through.  Been having problem for last two weeks.

What does this message mean?  Network down?  Overloaded?  Problem with my phone?   ????

Samsung M320

Ellensburg, WA  98926

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Haymaytay,

Sorry for the delayed response. I was out of the office. I am sorry that you experiencing this problem. Are you still having issues? If you are can you please provide your zip code and cross streets for me please?

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for getting back to me, Annmarie.

Yes, we were still having the problem as of two days ago, but we have now been snowed out and won't be able to try it again until Spring!

Nearest "street" is FS 1701 Road, Ellensburg, Washington 98926.  It may be easier to identify the area by GPS coordinates,

Latitude 46.9760438 N, Longitude 120.9024268 W.

Again, we would be showing 5 bars in the Sprint network, but as soon as we attempted to place a call we would receive the error message, "Service cannot be used currently."  If we did, by chance, happen to get a call to go through, it would invariably get dropped in very short order.  Encountered this same problem over a wide area covering approximately a mile radius of this GPS location.  We have had service in this area in years past using the same phone.

Again, what does this message mean?  Is it a problem with the network, or with our phone?

Thank you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Haymaytay,

I looked at the towers in your area and they look fine. Have you had the phone looked at? I would suggest doing on so that we can rule that out or resolve.

We are going to have to figure this our by a process of elimination. Let me know.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Elioh,

Sorry for the delay in responding to you. Are you still receiving the same error message? Can you please provide me with your zip code and cross streets?

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dear Chickymamma1000,

Thanks so much for the information. Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of the office. Are you still getting the error message? I looked at the towers in the area and I am seeing that there are two outages in Orange Park. The techs are working on them now, according to the notes and barring any complications they should be up within the next 48 hours.

If you are still experiencing issues after that, please let me know and we take a closer look at your phone.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care team.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Currently using firmware version M320 DC31.  Checked for updates, but received message, "No firmware updates available." 

Phone appears to be working fine at current location (Ravensdale, WA. 98051).  Only seem to get "Service cannot be used currently." message in Ellensburg, WA location noted in previous message.

What is next step in having "the phone looked at?"  Looking for what?  By whom?  Where?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Haymaytay,

Based on this newest information I think that your issue is capacity issue on the tower in Ellensburg. Is there a more frequent time of day that this occurs? Trying to narrow this down. Can you please private message me with your account name, pic code and phone number. I want to dig a little deeper and look at the towers you are pinging off of. If you are good in Ravensdale, then it is not your device.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Annmarie

Sprint Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat