cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

Highlighted
Journeyman

UICC Unlock Galaxy S7

I've called Sprint to unlock my phone, talked to customer service and their supervisors, and was told my phone is unlocked. However, my phone still reads under UICC Unlock "Your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only."

Why am I being told by Sprint that my phone is unlocked when my phone clearly states it is not unlocked?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Just a few questions for you. When you were requesting the unlock, did you have the Sprint sim in the card in the phone and was on wifi the entire time? Have you completed the unlock steps afterwards:

•  After the phone has restarted go to Settings > System Updates and click the following:
    • UICC Unlock
    • Update Profile
    • Update PRL

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Highlighted

Yes, I performed those updates and ported my number over to another provider using the Sprint the network. But I still want Sprint to unlock my phone. Are you asking me to perform these steps again? Doesn't Sprint need to initiate the unlock process?

Highlighted

These steps you take after the unlock was processed. I was asking you to confirm if that had been done so we could go from there. Did you request your phone to be unlocked initially? 

Highlighted

As I said, I spoke to Sprint asking to have my phone unlocked. Sprint said it is already unlocked. I said are you sure? They checked with their supervisor and said yes your phone is unlocked. I told them Samsung checked my IMEI that same day and said the phone was locked by the carrier. They still said my S7 was unlocked. The phone call ended.

My phone still reads as I typed above.

Highlighted

Okay. We can send you another unlock signal. Please send me a PM with the IMEI of your phone so I can check this out. 

Highlighted

Ok. Will this cause any issues with my phone now ported over to Tello?

Highlighted

No it won't cause any issues. Do you still have a Sprint sim to put in it while we do the unlock?

Highlighted

The SIM has not been changed as Tello operates on the Sprint network.

Highlighted

Great. Just wanted to double check. I just need the IMEI of your phone. Send that to me in a PM please. 

Highlighted

I had the same issue with a phone I had used on Sprint previously.
Once they send the new unlock push, just make sure you have the original Sprint SIM in it and do a profile update. That will give you a phone unlocked popup and the phone should restart.
Your UICC will still not show unlocked for any SIM, but if you go under APN settings, you should be able to add new APN, which means it is unlocked.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat