cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uncaught Exception in Music (pocket express does not fix)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uncaught Exception in Music (pocket express does not fix)

I've searched all over the internet and have not found any cure for the 'uncaught exception, exiting application' error when I try to open my music player on my Samsung Instinct. I have used the suggestions from this site, about going to the link for pocket express, going to the sprint home page on my phones browser, upgrading/updating the software... none of it works. The error still happens. The MP3 player was one of the main reasons I bought this phone and it does not work. I am VERY frustrated.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Uncaught Exception in Music (pocket express does not fix)

I'm having the SAME problem!

Having the same error  on an application over and over.  Go to Sprint.  Try 1 more time in  parking lot - error.  Wait in line 10 min.  Tech tries it, it works  perfectly 3 times in a row.  Get in car, head home.  Try at stoplight.   Error.  Try a zillion times more, same error.  "Uncaught exception. Exiting Application"  is my new mantra.

Journeyman

I ended up calling Sprint customer service and was transferred about 12 times before I got someone in the tech department. He admitted that in the entire Sprint database he had NO listing of how to fix this problem outside of the steps published online.

I still cannot listen to MP3's or even load the music application which I used to BUY songs that I can no longer listen to.

Not to mention Sprint can't explain to me why I cannot receive text messages from the AT&T network. No listings of THAT EITHER in their database. I can send them but can't receive them. Seriously thinking about letting my contract expire and going with another service as Sprint really has dropped the ball on these two issues with me.

Master

assuming this is not a network/signal issue, (sprint stores will always have good signal which is necessary for trouble shooting), you may want to hard reset your phn. sprint has a special reset known as an RTN that reloads the software. this should reload the music store application. as for your texting issue with AT&T, sprint has a ticket process that can definitely fix that. there's a team of people that work with vendors for the texting gateway. these people typically cannot be reached thru sprint's customer service, but their tech support CAN create a ticket. i wouldn't feel as though it can't be fixed.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat