After hours and hours of in store and over the phone troubleshooting, neither Sprint (former carrier) or Verizon (new carrier) are able to assist me in this issue. Here are the facts:
- Samsung S8 - confirmed compatible
- Two other S8s transferred as normal.
- Account with Sprint is paid and closed, the phones are also paid off
- Received the Unlock Confirmation Jan 6th from Sprint
- New SIM card stating to call Sprint to Unlock, and Invalid SIM
- Verizon tried multiple Verizon SIM cards, even activating them in a different phone.
- Verizon and Sprint's tier 2 tech support have no answers. Each is blaming the other.
If someone can help me, I would be forever indebted to you - I just don't want to have to buy a new phone when I paid this one off already
Ok, let's do some digging on why the unlock wasn't successful. Was this phone paid off and the unlock request submitted on the same date as the two that were successful?
Thank you so much!
Yes - everything was completed Jan 6th. I received an email with the following confirmation:
Sprint Device Unlock Update (KMM177650777V32553L0KM)
Was all three phones connected to WiFi with the Sprint SIMs inserted and powered on? Were there any issues with the WiFi connection with that particular phone?
It is possible the "issue phone" wasn't hooked up to wifi, as they weren't all in the same place. I am in Buffalo NY with the phone in question. They were in NC when doing the transfer.
That is a strong possibility. I've also seen the issue arise when the WiFi kicks the phone off of the WiFi. Sometimes, it's a setting or an installed app.
To avoid the "buy a new phone" convo, who has the other phone? Is it someone you're in contact with? Can you coach them on how to make this work?