cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update PRL and Update Data Profile errors

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprint is investigating reports where several Samsung devices are receiving an error  when trying to Update PRL or Update Data Profile.  Until more  information is available, the recommendation is to discontinue attempting to update your PRL.  This should not impact any firmware/software updates from being delivered to your device. 

26 REPLIES
Journeyman

Just to let you know, I had this problem about a week a half ago, except, it was a little different....

I saw in Sprint Zone that I needed an PRL update, then it started giving me the error, both using the Sprint Zone, and by using Settings>About phone>Syetem Updates. I tried the usual turn off, then on, then tried taking the battery out...nothing corrected the error.

The next morning everything just started working again.

Journeyman

I have this same error, for 3 days now.  i have tried everything and can not get it to update anything... sometimes i get " internal error" sometimes I get " unknown error"    really irritating, do not want to take it in to a sprint store, any other suggestions?

Journeyman

The only other thing I rememeber trying was to put it in airplane mode, turn it off, then back on, then take it out of airplane mode. Let me know how it works out for you...

Wizard

Yes we is getting a error on all there of them update frimware update prl and data errors so Sprint please check out the frimware update also ok thanks.

Journeyman

Re: Update PRL and Update Data Profile errors

just so you know too, it is stopping my phone from receiving updates. I went to sprint zone on my samsung intercept and it says I need to update my prl but of course, I can not do this because of the error msgs.  Anyone got an eta on when this is supposed to be fixed.  Also it says a profile update is available "update now to ensure full access to the network and data services.  This better get fixed soon.  I did try the airplane mode, and sadly it did not work.  going on 2 weeks now without being able to update, and not sure if its getting worse but now can not update apps from market... PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

My PRL and Firmware update finally started to work, not sure if it was  anything I did or if the servers had an update, but before I it worked  here's what I did.... restart the phone. When it boots back up hold down  the power button until the "Phone options" menu pops up. Choose the  second option "data network mode" to deactivate data, also have wifi and  gps turned off, then from the home screen used menu to go to  Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Update PRL ... that seems  to have worked my PRL is version 60676, it now says there is no firmware  update available instead of errors, but "Update Profile" still seems to  be messed up; it's not giving me errors, but also not saying that it  updated succesfully or that no update is available... it just kind of  disapears after the "The network is preparing your servises" popup (The  sprintzone app still says that there is a profile update available

Journeyman

DSHOEM01: Has there been any results of Sprint's investigation into this issue?  Or any indication of another "Patch"?  Trying to be patient; but, I'm sure you can appreciate how frustrating it is to have truly the best hardware available for a phone, and to not have it working properly.  It's especially frustrating to send an important text, only to find out an hour or so later that it's still in "sending" mode.  I'm not sure if the PRL or Coverage Update issues are affecting that or not...

Any feed back from your level would be appreciated - thanks... Rexico

Wizard

The PRL issue shoudn't prevent your phone from working properly.   PRL is a 'Preferred Roaming List' - see this thread for more details: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/126395#126395

Texts not sending wouldn't be a result of the PRL not being updated.  There are a couple of threads on the Samsung Epic forum about text messages.  This is the thread I'll update with any new info: http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/65495

Journeyman

I have been having this problem for almost three weeks, was told "problem with the towers" yeah right! whneis this ever going to work, then i got the update..the phoen was even replaced and still can not update prl, profile.

At least i realize now im not the only one..but SPRINT!! figure this stuff up, cause this phone was not cheap and we all chose to have a good phone not to keep having issues that the free android phones dont have.

Journeyman

Ok..so your saying that there may be another problem with my phone since whatever sprints issue is it shouldn't be affecting my prl update and pretty much all my updates, so what the heck is wrong wirh my phone then?

Journeyman

dshoem01 wrote:

Sprint is investigating reports where several Samsung devices are receiving an error  when trying to Update PRL or Update Data Profile.  Until more  information is available, the recommendation is to discontinue attempting to update your PRL.  This should not impact any firmware/software updates from being delivered to your device. 

Had the same issue pre/post 2.2 update on my Epic.

Went to Sprint repair. Confirmed problem. Ordered replacement phone. Picked it up yesterday. Preloaded with 2.1. No problems updating Profile, PRL or Firmware (what I mean is that the error messages were gone....). Service center initiated update to 2.2 in store. Switched over to 4G and it down loaded in less than 5 minutes. Could not launch update as battery in swapped phone did not have enough juice.

Charged it up at home, launched update and all is working!!!!

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!