cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update for Galaxy s2 FROM SPRINT

Journeyman

Update for Galaxy s2 FROM SPRINT

I have  the galaxy S2 and have been told the update fro jellybean from S3 is now available for the S2. I have been told an update from sprint would come to update the phone. I was given about three different dates but still have not received it. could you give me a date that is actual.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: Update for Galaxy s2 FROM SPRINT

If you go to the Sprint website and search support, you can find this upgrade. However, I am not going to keep it myself as it causes too many problems. I had to end up doing a hard reset in order to keep it from acting so badly, but even afterwards, there are still too many bugs. I will head to the Sprint store and have my S2 reverted back to the latest version of ICS. My upgrade comes in four months, so then I will consider moving up to Jelly Bean on a newer phone. But for now, it isn't working very well for me.

Journeyman

There is an update but it is an over the wire update. Meaning you will need to go in to a Sprint store or update it using Kies on your home computer. I just did the upgrade yesterday and I only have one issue so far. My screen snapshot isn't working.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Jelly Bean update for the S2 is available directly from the Samsung website. Released on 3/29/2013

Journeyman

For the screen shot just hold down your home and power buttons at the same time. I saw where another user had to do a factory reset before this would work. Good luck.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat