cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue tooth will not stay paired with car

Journeyman

My Samsung_Epic will not stay paired with my 2011 Impala.  I pair it and it will last for 1 or 2 days and then needs to be re-paired.  Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Wizard

I apologize that you are experiencing this issue.  Can you answer a few questions so that I can get a better understanding of the issue. When you loose pairing with your car, have you paired to anything else with the Epic or car system? Under Bluetooth devices on the Epic do you still see your car system? Also vise-versa does your car system see your Epic? Have you downloaded any third party applications on the Epic to enhance your Bluetooth? What kind of Bluetooth device is in your car system? What is the Firmware Version and Baseband Version on your Epic? (menu>settings>about phone) Thank you in advance.

Nigel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi,

I haven't paired my phone with anything but my car.  Nor have I paired any other devices to my car.  I don't know what type of blue tooth I have in my vehicle, only that it is a GM vehicle.  I looked in my owner's manual, but can't find anything that lists the type of blue tooth except SIG, Inc.  I do have On Star in my vheicle, but have never used it and canceled it today as my 6 months of free usage is over.

The firmware on my phone is:  2.2.1 and the baseband is:  SSmiley Very Happy700.0.55EC05

I haven't downloaded any 3rd party applications related to bluetooth to my phone.

Currently my phone says it is paired to my vehicle, but it won't connect; this is when I usually re-pair the phone so I can use it hands free on my 1 hour commute (each way).  I hope you will be able to help me!  Thank you!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat