cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue hours after 4.3 update

Highlighted
Journeyman

issue hours after 4.3 update

Prior to doing a system update today, when I would receive text messages, my screen would "wake up" now. It just shows the notification light and I have to wake up the phone and to see the message. It also now show's text message bar across the screen, which I wasn't doing before. How can I get my phone to wake up again when the txt msgs come through.

19 REPLIES 19
Master

Re: issue hours after 4.3 update

AllAmericanGuy,

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the post! I definitely understand how you feel, especially when an exciting new upgrade is supposed to make things better, but actually changes something that we are accustomed to. Let’s take a look at this and see if we can’t find the best way to get through this or get something similar going for you. So I’ve looked into this and seen if any of our customers have reported similar situations, and from what it sounds like the changes are purely part of the upgrade to 4.3. Meaning that it was coded that way to better the operating system. However you do have the option of going into your settings then to your SMS or text messaging settings and selecting preview text message mode which will put your messages back on your lock screen. I wasn’t able to verify if this setting would wake your phone up, however I would recommend trying a few of these options out to customize the way that your device displays your messages to see if you can get this back as close to the original as possible. I appreciate your patience in this and keep us posted as you play with these options and if you run into any questions or concerns.

Thank you again,

Nick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

My issue is that after the 4.3 update, my default ringtone was changed to a single beep.  I missed several calls as I either did not hear the beep or I did not recognize this as my phone.  Once I reset my default ringtone, I noticed that all of the ringtones for my contacts had been set to the default rather than the multiple ringtones prior to the update.  I checked with my daughter who also did the update yesterday.  Same problem.  This is not a reason to avoid the update for the other features, but really just a major pain in the a**.  It will take a while to update all of my contacts.  I called Samsung to ask if they could fix this.  The response was no, once the update was complete, I have to manually change the ringtones and notifications.  The representative then said they could not help and hung up.  My suggestion is write down your settings before the update.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue, super annoying and sprint has not helped one bit.

Master

jbm0271@gmail.com,

Thanks for posting. I apologize if these new settings are not to your liking. The disabling of the wake up screen was implemented in the 4.3 update and is not a technical issue with the device or something that Sprint can adjust.

Carlos

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The only issue that I keep having is that I keep having random alarms that I did not set go off at very random times. How can I get that to stop?

Journeyman

I have been having issues immediately following the update with my phone and my wives...but in our cases...we constantly have our notifications tab filled with old downloads. that if you click on, it just goes back to the home screen..and if you clear them, seconds/minutes later they all re-appear.  while they are there the phone is super laggy, and doesnt perform well at all.  also we have experienced calls seeming to go thru, but the recipient never getting a ring, or message.  never before have we had this, and both of us started with it immediatly after updating so it is not a virus/spyware etc....this has been approx 1-2weeks.  what can we do about this?

Master

DPThePoet,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Are these alarms set within the app or are these alarms not associated with it, just random alerts or alarms? Are they always at the same times?

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

MrEddie that one I experienced as well. If you go to your downloads app and clear your download history it should take care of the issue. You have to clear it all out.

Journeyman

Dan,

These are random alarms at random times and are not associated with my alarms or alerts app anywhere.

Master

DPThePoet,

Thanks for the reply. Have you powercycled the phone since this started? Do the alarms automatically turn themselves off or do you have to manually end them? If manually, what steps do you take to end them?

Dan
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The first problem is contacting sprint. They know nothing about fixing issues with the updates. I, myself, have my S3 fully rooted with a custom rom and using an extra life battery that gives me 6 days on a single charge. The phone is awesome in itself. You have to think of it as a miniature computer of sorts and root it, debloat it, make it your own and forget about all the junk that trying to be forced your throat. My phone performs great and I even blocked the updates. I am running MOAR (mother of all roms), 7000mah battery, and loving it. It doesnt take a genius to make your phone perform to its best capacity. It's all on the internet and only takes about an hour. I even have 2 cameras on mine. The stock and the panoramic version. Swiftkey is my default keyboard. I froze the samsung piece of junk. It no longer appears in my list.

Granted, it DOES void the warranty of the phone by doing this BUT, it can always be reverted back to completely stock if necessary and nobody will every know what you did with it. I have NEVER seen a bricked phone that couldnt be fixed with just a few clicks on the computer.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat