cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

notification sound defect galaxy s8 since rich communications reboot

Highlighted
Journeyman

notification sound defect galaxy s8 since rich communications reboot

So I have a Galaxy S8 and there was recently an update including the rich communications settings which I tried to set up and it didn't work but the bigger issue is when I get a text message the notification sound will not go off. I've rebooted the phone. All my setting are on and accurate.  All other sounds work except for my text notification sound. Again this started when the rich communications settings popped up this past Sunday. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: notification sound defect galaxy s8 since rich communications reboot

@Apax13 Which messaging App are you using?? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just the regular messaging app that comes with the phone.  Nothing fancy. Not hangouts. 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Good morning Apax13. We looked into some troubleshooting steps to help you solve this issue. Try this: hit your volume button up or down and you will see the ringtone volume. When that pops up, there is a down arrow on the left hand side. Click on that to bring up all of the individual volume controls - ringtone, media, notifications, system. Hope this helps.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've done all that and nothing. I've reset everything and nothing.  I've changed the tones and nothing.  All traditional fixes are doing nothing.  I had all galaxies and this is the only time this problem has not fixed. 

Highlighted
Wizard

@Apax13 Strange never seen or heard of anyone having this kind of issue so no matter if you turn the sound for notifications off or on they keep making sounds? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

No it won't make the notification sounds but only for text messages . Like my email and app notifications make sound but not my text messages. Strange to me too. Have never had this issue. 

Highlighted
Master

This isn't something that should be happening to your device. If you go to your settings, try to change the text message notification sound, do you have an option to listen to a preview of the notification? Does it make a sound like that?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Did that and still nothing...

Highlighted
Master

In this case, my recommendation is to visit any Sprint Phone Repair center to have it checked out by our technicians. In-store technical support is available for both in-warranty and out-of-warranty issues.

You can find a store and plan a visit using the Sprint Zone App on your smartphone, or on sprint.com at sprintstorelocator.com

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat