cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Cannot Turn on Wifi Calling Service" Error every time I try to activate Calling Plus

Sprint Social Care

Re: "Cannot Turn on Wifi Calling Service" Error every time I try to activate Calling Plus

Good afternoon bsmckenzie! We would like to take a deeper look into this and investigate what's going on. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: "Cannot Turn on Wifi Calling Service" Error every time I try to activate Calling Plus

Just updating this thread to let the Community know that we did get the customer fixed up a couple weeks back.  If other customers are having the same issue, please let us know and we can get them fixed up.  We found this issue was impacting a few customers.  

Journeyman

I am having this issue now.  Can you help?  I did the update last week, it was fine, but this morning it wasn't working.  A reboot did not help.

Sprint Social Care

@LynnL, what's the make and model of your phone? What's the exact error message you're receiving?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

@LynnL, I just sent you a PM asking you some information we need to assist you further. Please check your inbox and reply as soon as you can.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue on my Samsung S9+.  It started yesterday after I had my sim card switched out for another one.  The store that did it had never seen this issue before, and I've spent hours on the phone with Sprint Tech support with no luck so far.  Has anyone figured out a fix?

Journeyman

Hey Born61179, we'd like to take a look into this matter for you. Please check for software updates on your device to make sure you are running the latest software version. Please follow these steps:

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.

2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to and tap System Updates.

4. Tap Download updates manually.

Note: Before installing a software update, ensure the device is fully charged. For optimal results, it is recommended to connect the device to any Wi-Fi network.

5. If a system update is available, follow the prompts to install the update.

Otherwise, the device software is up to date.

Keep us updated with the outcome.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

All software is updated. Spent several hours troubleshooting with Sprint tech support but no luck so far.

Journeyman

Born61179 Thank you for the information. When you go to settings are you able to see the Wi-Fi calling options or is it not displaying? If it does show, when you try to activate it do you get the following error message: Technical difficulties, please try again?

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Screenshot_20180428-091738_Calling Plus.jpgI'm only able to get to this screen but am not able to access the menu where I can turn on Wifi calling or the LTE Beta calling feature.  See attached screenshot, this is what I get every time I click the calling plus button. This started after I brough my phone in to a Sprint service center for call quality issues. They swapped out the SIM card but something else happened when they did it because the calling plus features haven't worked since.  They spent 2 hours trying to figure out what happened but couldn't figure it out. 

Journeyman

@Born61179 We'll need to check some settings on your account. I will send you a private message for further assistance.

Fausto
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

@Born61179  I think your SIM may be incorrect.  PM me your phone number and I will check it out.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat